Zoom is a video chat application that you can use to conduct meetings with your co-workers. You can also use this app for personal use. The app has become more popular in recent days and has more than 300 million active users worldwide. During online meetings, you can also share your screen for presentation. By using Google TV, you can easily watch Zoom Meetings on the TV screen. With the free version of Zoom Meetings, you can add only 100 participants to the meeting. By subscribing to the premium version, you can add 1000 participants to the meeting.
Two Methods to Get Zoom on Chromecast with Google TV
- Install the Zoom App using Downloader.
- Screen Mirror Zoom Meetings from Smartphone or PC.
How to Sideload Zoom App on Google TV
One-Step Guide: Install Downloader app >> Enable Install Unknown Apps >> Open Downloader >> Enter the Zoom apk link >> Install Zoom app.
You can get the Zoom app on your Google TV by Sideloading. However, you need to connect a microphone and webcam to the USB port of the TV. It will help you to attend the meeting directly from the TV.
(1) Launch your Google TV and then install the Downloader app. You can get this app officially from the TV store.
(2) After installing it, enable the Install Unknown Apps for the Downloader app. To enable, navigate to Settings >> Click Apps >> Tap Install Unknown Apps > > Enable Downloader app. Enabling this option is mandatory to install the apps from third-party sources.
(3) Launch the Downloader app and enter the Zoom Cloud Meetings apk file URL.
(4) Click Go and then tap Install on the installation page.
(5) Launch the app and enter your Zoom login credentials.
Note: As the installed application was designed for Android smartphones, you will find it difficult to sign up for a new user account. So ensure to sign up for the Zoom account before installing the app on Google TV.
(7) Now, attend or create a new meeting and attend it from your Google TV.
How to Screen Mirror Zoom to your Google TV
Another easiest method to watch your Zoom Meetings on Google TV is by screen mirroring it from the smartphone or PC.
Before going into the steps, make sure to download the Zoom app from Play Store or App Store.
(1) Connect your Google TV dongle to the HDMI port of your TV and turn it on.
(2) Make sure your Google TV and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
(3) For Android phones, Go to the Notification Panel and select the Cast icon. For iOS devices, navigate to the Control Center Panel and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
(4) Select your Google TV and enable the permission to mirror your screen.
(5) Now, open the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and join the meeting.
(6) Your meeting will appear on the TV immediately. However, you can attend the meeting only from your smartphone.
Related Guide: How to Watch WhatsApp Video Calls on Google TV
(1) Connect your Google TV and PC to the same WiFi connection.
(2) Open the Chrome browser on PC and visit zoom.us/join.
(3) Enter the meeting ID or personal link name to join the meeting. If you have received the invitation link via email, open it and tap the link to join the meeting.
(4) After joining the meeting, click the three-dots icon in the top-right corner and choose the ‘Cast’ option.
(5) Select your Google TV name and click the option Cast tab.
(6) Now, the PC screen will be mirrored to your TV. Along with that, the Zoom meeting also will appear on the TV.
We don’t know when the Zoom Cloud Meetings will be launched for Google TV. Till then, these are the only possible ways to watch your meetings on a streaming device. Even though you can install it via sideloading, you may find a few navigation issues. If you’ve any queries, leave a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t install the Zoom app on Android TV using the Play Store. However, by using Downloader you can do it.
Yes. Both are video conferencing services and have a lot of features in common.
Zoom is a freemium service that offers its video conferencing solution for free. But to access more features, the users can get a subscription of $14.99/month (Pro) or $19.99/month (Business and Enterprise).