FX TV is an American Cable television network founded in 1994 and is currently run by FX networks, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. In the early stages, the company was operating from an apartment, and it broadcasts only one show called “FX Apartment” and then the old movies from the 60s, 70s, and 80s like Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. After years, they started telecasting many original exclusive shows and sports events that gave FX TV a huge success. FX TV is available as an FX Now app for smart devices like Android, iOS, Roku, and this section guides you on the installation of FX on Google TV.
With FX Now, you will be able to stream FX and FX Original shows and series. It has more than 200+ blockbuster movies but with commercials included. Upon upgrading or subscribing to FX premium plans, you will get access to the ad-free version. The free account offers you a personalized experience, save favorites, continue watching from where you left, sync preferences, etc. To stream live TV and most recent episodes, you require participating TV provider account. Learn to watch FXNOW on Google TV with or without installing the FX Now app in the below article.
How to Add FX on Google TV
1. On the Google TV home screen, select the Search option in the main menu.
2. Type FX NOW using the on-screen keyboard and click the Search icon.
3. In the search list, select the FX NOW app and tap the Install button.
4. After the installation process is completed, tap Open to launch the app.
5. Activate and watch your favorite movies and live TV on Google TV.
Related: How to Add and Stream SBS On Demand on Google TV
How to Activate FXNOW
1. Once you open the FX Now app on Google TV, an activation code will be displayed on the screen.
2. Go to https://fxnow.fxnetworks.com/activate on any browser.
3. Enter the TV code in the activation code box and click the Continue button.
4. Now, sign in with your TV provider in the next step.
5. Congratulations! your device has been activated successfully.
Alternative Way: How to Cast FX to Google TV
If you don’t wish to install and activate the FX on Google TV, you can then directly use the cast feature to stream it on your TV.
2. Search for the FXNOW app and install it on your device.
3. To launch the app, press Open and log in with your TV provider account.
4. Click on any videos or live TV channels and pause them.
5. Now, hit the Cast icon and highlight the Google TV device you want to cast.
6. With this, you can watch the content on your TV directly from your smartphone without installing the app on your Google TV device.
Note: Make sure to connect both smartphone and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network to make the casting method work.
If you’re using Google TV only to watch movies or channels occasionally, then you can use the casting method to watch FX. If you’re a regular Google TV user, you can install and activate the FX Now app once and use it as long as you want directly from your TV apps section.