Freeform is an American multinational basic cable channel launched on April 29, 1977. Freeform streaming app is available from April 2, 2015. On this app, you can stream the latest episodes of Freeform shows. You can watch all the shows with your TV provider subscription. Freeform offers you live TV, movies, TV shows, and dramas to romantic comedies. In addition, you can also access the latest sneak peeks, cast interviews, behind the scene, and more. And you will get instant notification whenever new episodes of your favorite show get air on the Freeform app. In this article, we’ll look at the steps to install Freeform on Google TV.
How to Add Freeform on Chromecast with Google TV
Short Guide: Tap Search >> Search for Freeform app >> Select the app >> Click Install
The Freeform app can be installed on Google TV from the Play Store. Follow the below steps to get the Freeform app.
1. First, connect your Google TV device to the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Next, connect your Google TV to the internet connection.
3. On the home screen, click on the Search menu.
4. Search for the Freeform app and select the app from the search results.
5. Next, click Install to install the app on Google TV.
Related: How to Add and Stream truTV on Google TV
How to Activate Freeform on Google TV
After installing the app, you should activate the Freeform app to stream the contents.
1. From the home screen of Google TV, select Apps. Scroll down and select the Freeform app.
2. Once the app is launched, you will get the Activation code. Note down the activation code.
3. Now go to, freeform.com/activate on any browser.
4. Enter the activation code and click on Continue.
5. Now, the Freeform app will be activated on your device and you shall enjoy streaming your favorite movies and TV shows.
Alternative Way to Stream Freeform on Google TV
1. Turn on your TV and connect the Chromecast with Google TV to the HDMI port of your TV.
3. Next, launch the app and configure it with your TV provider login details.
4. Then, connect your smartphone and Google TV device to the same Wifi network.
5. Now, open the app and click the Cast icon displayed at the top-right corner.
6. From the list of available devices, select your Google TV device.
7. Now, play any Freeform content and stream it on Google TV.
Related: How to Install Fetch TV on Google TV
Hence, Freeform brings you the latest movies, popular series, and shows. And with this app, you can stream the contents offline too. The popular TV shows available on Freeform include Cruel Summer, Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, Good Trouble, Siren, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can directly download the app from the Play Store on Google TV. To know more, refer to the blog.
Yes. As Freeform has in-built cast support, you can easily cast the Freeform content to Chromecast with Google TV.