Google TV, a revamped version of Chromecast, comes with a remote controller. It is an all-new streaming device with which you can stream lots of movies, TV shows, news, sports, and more. When your Google TV is not in use, it goes to ambient mode automatically. Ambient mode is nothing but, you will get a screen saver on your Google TV-connected television. By default, Google TV comes with the ambient mode screen saver. If you like to customize your screen, you can do it according to your wish. In addition, you can also use your personal photos from your Google Photos account. Now in this article, let’s look into the procedure to customize the ambient mode on Chromecast with Google TV.
How to Customize the Ambient Mode on Google TV
With the procedure given below, you can customize the ambient mode on Google TV in less than 5 minutes.
1. Launch your Google TV and connect it to the internet connection.
2. On the top right corner of the home screen, click on the User Profile icon.
3. Go ahead and select Settings.
4. Under settings, click on the System menu.
5. On the next screen, click on Ambient mode.
6. Now, you have to select what you want to set as your screen saver.
- Google Photos – It will show you the photos that you have stored on Google Photos. You can do it with the Google Home app.
- Art Gallery – Displays the images in various categories like earth, space, street art, captured on the pixel, and more.
- Experimental – You can try the new content and source.
7. Once you have selected the screen saver, click on Start Now to enable the screen saver.
How to Use Google Photos as Screen Saver
1. Launch your Google Home app on your Android or iOS devices.
2. Connect both devices to the same WIFI network. And select your Google TV device.
3. Click on the Settings from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Further, click on the Ambient mode and select Google Photos.
Related: How to Reset Google TV to Factory Settings
5. Now, select your favorite photos or album you want to set as a screen saver on Google TV.
That was the quickest option to customize the Ambient mode on Google TV with the above procedure. Furthermore, you can also use a third-party screen saver app with the help of the Downloader on your Google TV. In case if you have got any queries, you can ask us in the comments section.