9Now is the official streaming app of Nine Network, a popular Australian service. You can stream programs from Channel 9, 9Go!, 9 Gem, 9Rush, 9Life, etc. You can stream both live TV and on-demand videos of all the channels. Additionally, you can also watch the news from the Nine News channel. The best part of this app is that it is completely free, so you don’t need any subscription to stream. Further, you can resume the shows across all your devices. 9Now is available on streaming devices, smart TVs, gaming consoles, and more. Let’s see how to watch 9Now on Chromecast with Google TV.
How to Install 9Now on Chromecast with Google TV
9Now is available on Google Play Store. So, you can install the app on Google TV directly in no time.
1. Turn on the Chromecast with Google TV and set up the internet connection.
2. Select the Apps from the home screen and go to the App Categories.
3. Tap Search for Apps and type 9Now in the search field.
4. Choose the 9Now app and select the Install button to download 9Now app on Google TV.
5. After the installation, tap Open to launch the app.
How to Activate 9Now App
1. Now, tap the Connect your TV button from the app’s home screen.
2. The app will display an Activation Code on the TV screen.
3. Then, visit the 9Now activation website (https://www.9now.com.au/activate) from another device.
4. Click on the LOG IN TO YOUR NINE ACCOUNT button.
5. Configure your account credentials.
6. Enter the Activation Code and click on the Continue button.
7. Now, the app is activated on your Google TV, and you can start streaming from the app.
Related: How to Watch Freesat on Chromecast with Google TV
Alternative Way: Cast 9Now to Google TV from Smartphone
The alternative method to get 9Now on Google TV is, casting from smartphones. 9Now app has an in-built Chromecast support to watch the content on the TV. Make sure your smartphone and Google TV are connected to the same WiFi network and follow the steps given below.
2. Install the app from the respective store on your smartphone.
3. Launch the 9Now app on your smartphone.
4. Tap the Google Cast icon from the top right corner of the screen.
5. Choose your Chromecast with Google TV device name from the list of devices available.
6. Now, choose and play any content and watch it on your Google TV-connected TV.
That’s it. Now you can watch 9Now on Chromecast with Google TV without any issues. It supports pause and resumes playback on any device. Overall, it is an amazing app to watch all the Nine network channels in one place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can stream live TV channels that cover sports, news, and entertainment with the 9Now app.
The download takes place in a minute or two. However, the exact time depends on your internet connection speed.