Are you in need of some entertainment? Crunchyroll is one of the best dedicated services to offer all the popular anime, manga, and drama. It is available worldwide and has the largest streaming catalog of licensed anime. You can stream your favorite anime shows and movies on your PC, phone, or TV by signing up for free. For Google TV users, the Crunchyroll app can be installed from the store directly. Or you can sideload Crunchyroll on Google TV. In addition, you can also cast the Crunchyroll content from your Android device or iPhone.
Regardless of the streaming method, you must sign up for Crunchyroll to stream its contents. You can use Crunchyroll without purchasing any subscription packages. However, the Crunchyroll premium version unlocks various features like ad-free content, early access, offline streaming, and more. There are two premium plans available on Crunchyroll. They are listed below.
- Fan – $7.99/month
- Mega Fan – $9.99/month or $79.99/year
How to Install Crunchyroll on Google TV
1) Launch your Google TV and navigate to the Apps section on the home screen.
2) Press the Search for apps menu.
3) Type Crunchyroll in the search bar, and search for it.
4) Select the Crunchyroll app and click the Install button on its description page.
5) Once installed, tap the Open button to launch the Crunchyroll on your Google TV.
6) Click Sign in and enter your Crunchyroll login details.
7) After signing in, play an anime episode and stream it on Google TV.
How to Sideload Crunchyroll on Google TV using Downloader
1) Click the Search menu on the Google TV home screen.
2) Enter Downloader by using the remote.
3) Select the Downloader icon from the suggestion list and click on Install.
4) Once installed, you need to enable Unknown Sources to download third-party apps. To enable, Go to Settings >> Select Apps >> Tap Security & restriction >> Click Unknown sources >> Hit the toggle switch next to the Downloader.
Note: Without enabling Unknown Sources, you can’t sideload an app from third-party sources.
5) Go back and launch the Downloader app on Google TV.
6) Enter the Crunchyroll apk URL (https://bit.ly/2O14cmk).
7) Click Go and select the Install button on the pop-up menu.
8) The Crunchyroll app will take a few minutes to install on your Google TV.
9) Once downloaded, click on Open to launch the Crunchyroll app.
10) Sign in with your Crunchyroll account credentials and watch your favorite drama.
Related: How to Stream Anime with KissAnime on Google TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. One can stream Crunchyroll for free but with ads. To stream ad-free, you need to buy a subscription plan.
No. Crunchyroll is completely legal to download and use on your device. Crunchyroll has distribution rights for all the contents available on the service.
If you’re interested in streaming large anime content, Crunchyroll is the best one. However, if you prefer anime with subtitles, Funimation is the best bet.