National Public Radio (NPR) is a free audio streaming app for radio stations and podcasts and it is mainly known for the quality of its show. It is simple, user-friendly, and produces and distributes news as stories and cultural programming. You can tune in to regional or local stations as you wish. Users can skip, pause, rewind, share the shows or news stories, and they can even search their favorite shows, podcasts, etc. In addition, the users can connect to the public radio, local news, and stories that are locally reported. You can’t find the NPR One app on Google TV in Play Store. However, the article will guide you with the alternative way to install NPR One on Google TV.
How to Get NPR One on Google TV
You can access NPR One on Google TV in three ways. They are
- Sideloading the app on Google TV
- Chromecast NPR One on Smartphone
- Chromecast NPR One on PC
How to Install NPR One on Google TV Via Downloader
To sideload the NPR One app, you need to use the Downloader app on Google TV. Here are the steps to install Downloader.
Install Downloader on Google TV
1. Setup the Chromecast with Google TV and connect the device to the Wi-Fi.
2. Click on Apps from the home screen and choose the Search for Apps title from the bottom of the screen.
3. On the search bar, type as Downloader using the virtual keyboard.
4. Select the Downloader by AFTV news app from the search results.
5. Now, select the Install button on the overview page.
6. It takes some minutes to download. Once downloaded, the installation process of Downloader on Google TV will start processing.
Enable Unknown Sources
To sideload the app on Google TV, you need to make some changes in the device Settings.
1. Click on the Profile icon on Google TV and select the Settings option.
2. Select System in the available option and choose About to proceed.
3. Now, tap on the Android TV OS built seven times to enable the developer mode.
4. Go back to Settings >> choose Apps >> select Security & Restrictions >> choose Unknown Sources >> highlight Downloader >> Enable the slider.
Sideload NPR One on Google TV
1. Launch the Downloader on Google TV and tap Allow if prompted.
2. Then, enter the NPR One apk link in the URL field and click the Go button.
3. Once the apk file of NPR One gets downloaded, click Install.
4. Now, you are ready to open the NPR One app and use it on Google TV.
Alternative Way: How to Chromecast NPR One to TV
The NPR One app can be cast to the Google TV using the Chromecast device.
Chromecast from Smartphone
1. Connect the Smartphone to the Chromecast device connected to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Download the NRP One app from the Google Play Store on Android and App Store on iPhone.
3. Launch the NPR One app and log in to your account.
4. Choose the Cast icon at the top.
5. Go ahead to select the Chromecast device to connect.
5. Select the radio station in the app on your handheld, and it will start playing on your Google TV.
Chromecast from PC
We can use Google Chrome Browser to Chromecast NPR One website onto the Google TV.
1. Make sure that PC and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
2. Open the Google Chrome browser and search for the NPR One website in the browser.
3. Choose the NPR One website to launch and tap Sign In at the top.
4. Input the NPR One login credentials and choose the three vertical dots icon in the browser.
5. From the Menu, tap the Cast icon and select the Chromecast device from the available devices.
6. Now, tap on the Sources drop-down.
7. Choose the Cast tab to stream NPR One website only and pick the content to stream.
8. Choose a show on your PC, and you can stream the NPR One content on your TV.
NPR One is an excellent app with which one can find what’s happening in the society through news in the form of stories. The interesting feature of the NRP One is its exploring section that helps stream news stories and podcasts.
If your NPR One app is not working, maybe you have some issues with your device, or you have an internet connection problem.
The FM channel of NPR news is 89.3 FM.
Yes. It is free to download and use.