Sky News by Sky Group is a British free-to-air television channel. It updates you with all the breaking news from the UK and worldwide. It also broadcasts Sky exclusive shows with public affairs coverage along with the news. Sky News covers news on different aspects in business, sports, politics, technology, science, nature, and more. The app gives you notifications about breaking news, headlines, and live stories. Further, you can stream Sky News in the live tab, and it lets you read the articles offline. Sky News supports dark mode, and you can enable this feature to protect your eyes if you are using the app at night. Sky News is a cross-platform app that is available on various streaming platforms. If you want to watch Sky News on Chromecast with Google TV, you shall proceed with the below section.
How to Install Sky News on Google TV
Sky News for Google TV is not yet available for Google TV. So you have to sideload the Android version of the Sky News app using the Downloader app.
1. Connect the Google TV to your TV and go to the Apps section.
2. Hit the Search for Apps menu and type Downloader.
3. Browse for the Downloader app and click its icon from the search results.
4. Tap the Install menu on its description page.
5. After installing the app, navigate to device Settings and enable the Unknown sources for the Downloader app.
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Apps section.
- Scroll down the settings to select Security & Restrictions menu.
- Click Unknown Sources and select the Downloader app on the next screen.
- Enable Unknown Sources for Downloader app.
6. After enabling the unknown sources, launch the Downloader app.
7. Enter the Sky News apk URL in the http:// field.
8. Tap on the Go button to start downloading the Sky News apk file.
9. After downloading the file, tap the Install button and wait until the installation completes.
10. Now, you can launch the app and watch Sky News on Google TV without any issues.
Related: How to Add and Watch NBC News on Google TV
If you have an Android smartphone, you can screen mirror it to watch Sky News on Google TV. Follow the instructions to watch the screen mirror the device.
1. First, connect your Android smartphone and Google TV to the same network connection.
2. Get the Sky News app for Android from Google Play Store.
3. After installing, launch the app and configure your account credentials.
4. Next, go to the Notification Panel by swiping down the phone screen from the top.
5. Tap the Cast menu.
6. Choose your Google TV device from the available devices.
7. Now, your mobile screen will mirror your Google TV-connected TV.
8. Finally, select and play any video from the Sky News app.
Note: If you find the Sky News app not working issue, you need to restart your Android device and try again.
Related: How to Install and Watch News from NOS on Google TV
Sky News app is an excellent option to watch the headlines on multiple topics, from politics to entertainment. With your TV provider subscription, you can stream the news and articles from the app. Hope you found this article useful. If you have got any queries, you shall ask us through comments.