YouTube Kids, as the name suggests, it is YouTube specially designed for Kids. To put it simply, it has content only for kids with parental control options. As you all know, normal YouTube has a lot of content unfit for the younger generations. YouTube Kids can help you prevent kids from accessing those contents. All the contents on this app are properly filtered for the children. Furthermore, you can change filters depending on age groups like under 13, 8, and 5. Let’s see how to add YouTube Kids on Google TV.
The contents of the YouTube Kids app are categorized as Recommended, Shows, Music, and Learning. With this, you can easily choose and find the content that you want. Some Kid’s series like Fruit Ninja: Frenzy Force and King of Atlantis are available for streaming. The parental control feature helps you set time limits and prevent access to the search bar.
How to Install and Activate YouTube Kids on Google TV
Quick Guide: Turn On Google TV >> Go to Apps section >> Select YouTube Kids app >> Tap Install.
YouTube Kids is available in most countries and on several streaming platforms. The YouTube Kids app has a lot of parental control options. Follow the steps listed below to install YouTube Kids on Google TV.
1. Firstly, turn on your Chromecast with Google TV and connect to a strong Wi-Fi network.
2. Secondly, go to the Apps bar and search for YouTube Kids app.
3. Select the app and click the Install button to download the YouTube Kids app on Google TV.
4. Open the YouTube Kids app after installation.
5. Tap Sign In. you’ll see an activation code on the screen.
6. Next, visit kids.youtube.com/activate from a web browser, either from your phone or PC.
7. Fill the code in the respective box and hit the option Next.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the app.
9. That’s it. The YouTube Kids screen on Google TV will refresh immediately to display the contents.
Related Guide: How to Listen to YouTube Music on Google TV
How to Create a YouTube Kids Account
If you’re using YouTube Kids for the first time, follow the steps given below to create an account for your Kid.
1. On your Smartphone, install the YouTube Kids app.
2. Open the app and click the option I’m a Parent.
3. Fill in your birth year and tap Submit.
4. Hit the option Sign In and type your Google Credentials.
5. Enter the name, birth month, and age of your kid.
6. After completing the above steps, you’ll see several options on the screen – Preschool, Younger, Approve Content Yourself, Older. Based on your Kid’s age, select an option.
6) Now, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Note: You can also create a YouTube Kids account on its official website.
Alternate Method: Cast YouTube Kids to Google TV
- Chromecast with Google TV connected to your TV.
- The latest version of the YouTube Kids app on your smartphone (Android or iOS).
- Strong Wi-Fi network.
1. Connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi as Google TV.
3. Launch it and sign in with your Google account credentials.
4. On the homepage of the YouTube Kids app, play any content you want.
5. Click on the Cast icon.
6. From the list of available devices to cast, choose your Google TV device.
7. That’s it. Now you’ll be able to see the content on Google TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can enjoy YouTube Kids by downloading it from the app store. Additionally, you can cast it to Google TV using your Smartphone or PC.
Yes. YouTube Kids is completely free to use. You just need a Google account to watch all the videos.
Yes. You can enable parental controls on YouTube Kids. Enabling parental controls restricts your child from watching inappropriate content.