|Available on Google TV
|Yes [Play Store | App Store]
AMC (American Movie Classics) is an American channel that offers some of the most popular and best programs on TV. You can watch the AMC TV shows on your Google TV by downloading the app from the Google Play Store. However, you will need a TV provider subscription to sign in and access their content. Once you have signed in, you can stay tuned with the current & latest full episodes and videos from your favorite AMC Original Series.
Since the AMC app also supports Chromecast, you can cast videos directly to your Smart TV from your Android or iPhone. In this guide, we will walk through the possible ways to stream your favorite media content on Google TV via the AMC app.
How to Install AMC on Google TV
AMC is a subscription-based platform, so you need to get the premium plan to upgrade yourself within the app. The base plan of AMC Premiere starts from $4.99/month which can be availed from its official website. After purchasing the app, you need to log in with your TV providers like COX, Direct TV, Dish, Xfinity, Spectrum, AT&T U-verse, etc. If you are new to AMC, you can avail of the 7-day free trial to learn more about the app.
1. Turn on and connect your Google TV to a WIFI.
2. Hit the search tab at the top and enter AMC using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Select the official AMC app from the results and tap the Install option.
4. After installing, hit the Open button to launch the app on your Google TV.
How to Activate the AMC App on Google TV
After installing the app, you need to activate the app to access your favorite programs and TV shows on your respective TV. So, follow the below steps to activate the AMC app.
1. Open the AMC app on your Google TV.
2. Select the Sign-in option and an Activation code will appear on your screen. Make a note of the displayed code.
3. On your phone or PC, open any browser and visit amc.com/activate.
4. Enter the activation code and tap the Submit button to authenticate your device.
5. Next, Sign in using your TV provider credentials to complete the activation process.
Once the process is completed, your TV screen will refresh automatically and you will be directed back to the AMC home screen. Now you can choose and stream the content on your TV.
How to Cast the AMC App from Android to Google TV
As mentioned above, the AMC app comes with built-in Chromecast support and you can share the app’s interface from your smartphone to the TV. To do so, you need to connect both devices to the same WIFI network.
1. Install the AMC app on your smartphone.
2. Launch the app and log in with your TV provider credentials.
3. Now, connect your smartphone and Google TV to the same WIFI.
4. Hit the Cast icon at the top-right of the AMC app and select your Google TV from the device list.
Now, the smartphone home screen along with the AMC app will cast on your Google TV. You can choose any content on the app and stream it on a big screen.
No, you can’t access the AMC app content without a TV provider subscription.
Yes. The AMC app offers a 7-day free trial for its new users.