|Available on Google TV
|Yes [Play Store | App Store]
BBC One is a premium streaming service that allows you to stream top-rated movies and TV shows with premium streaming quality. However, there is no standalone app available for the BBC ONE network. You need to download the BBC iPlayer on your Google TV to stream the BCC One content. Since the BBC iPlayer app is officially available on the Google Play Store, you can download it without any hassle. If you’re new to Google TV and looking to download the BBC iPlayer app on your Google TV? Then you’re in the right place. From this article, you will learn how to download the BBC iPlayer app on your Google TV to stream the BCC One content.
Note – This guide also applies to Smart TVs running on Google TV OS.
How to Watch BBC ONE on Google TV
Before downloading the app on your Google TV, make sure to create a BBC account by visiting its official website.
1. Turn on and connect your Google TV to a WIFI.
2. Hit the search tab at the top and enter BBC iPlayer using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Select the official BBC iPlayer app from the results and tap the Install option.
4. After installing, hit the Open button to launch the app on your Google TV.
How to Activate and Use BBC iPlayer on Google TV
1. Launch the BBC iPlayer app on your TV and select the Login button to get the activation code.
2. Now, visit the activation website [www.account.bbc.com/tvcode] of BBC iPlayer from the browser on your PC or smartphone.
3. Enter the code shown on the BBC iPlayer app on your TV and click the Sign in with your TV button.
4. Now, log in with your credentials and complete the activation process.
5. Relaunch the BBC iPlayer app on your Google TV to load its content.
6. Now, you can start streaming your desired BBC One content on the app on your TV.
How to Cast BBC One from Android and iPhone
Since the BBC iPlayer has the default cast option, you can share the app’s content from your smartphone to the TV by connecting both devices to the same WIFI connection.
1. Install the BBC iPlayer app on your smartphone.
2. Launch the app and log in with your account.
3. Now, connect your smartphone and Google TV to the same WiFi.
4. Hit the Cast icon on the BBC iPlayer app and select your device from the list.
5. Now, the content on your smartphone will start to cast on your Google TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can AirPlay BBC iPlayer on Google Smart TVs.