Android TV and Google TV are close rivals based on Android. On both devices, we can only install the apps which are built for TVs. And only those apps will be available on Google Play Store for both devices. So, we sideload the smartphone-only apps on the smart TV. But, when you sideload an app without a TV interface, it doesn’t appear in the regular Android TV and Google TV launcher. To solve this problem, you will find a lot of third-party launchers available. In that list, the next and new third-party launcher, FLauncher, got released by Google. Flauncher is an open-source launcher for Android TV and Google TV built with the Flutter framework. Other noticeable features include customizable categories, clock, wallpapers, helps uninstalling apps, and more. It is completely a free launcher and contains no ads. Do check out this article to install and use FLauncher on Google TV.
How to Install FLauncher on Chromecast with Google TV
1. Insert your Google TV into your TV HDMI and check your device has a secure internet connection.
2. On the Google TV home screen, click on the Apps tab.
3. Select Search for apps from the bottom of the screen.
4. Enter FLauncher in the search bar and click the Search icon.
5. Select the app from the results you get.
6. On the app overview page, click on Install to install FLauncher on Google TV.
7. Wait for the installation process to get over.
8. After that, click Open to launch the FLauncher app.
9. In the launcher, all the applications that you have installed on Google TV will be shown.
How to Sideload FLauncher on Google TV
As FLauncher is a newly launched launcher, it is at the early development stage and may be unstable. So, if you are unable to install the official version, you can sideload the app on Google TV.
2. Type Downloader by using the remote.
1. Click on the Search menu from the Google TV home screen.
3. Select the Downloader app and click on Install.
4. Once the app is installed, enable the unknown source access for the Downloader app by clicking on Settings >> Apps >> Security & Restrictions >> Unknown Sources >> slide the toggle to enable unknown access.
5. Now, launch the Downloader app on Google TV that you have installed.
6. Enter the FLauncher apk file and click on the Go button.
7. Further, click Install to install FLauncher on Google TV.
8. After the installation, click Open to launch the app.
9. When you launch the FLauncher, your Google TV will display a pop-up asking you to use it Home. Choose Just Once or Always based on your preference.
Related: How to Install Google TV on Android TV [Guide]
The main purpose of FLauncher is, it allows you to build cross-platform applications. Further, this launcher also offers some customization options like changing the wallpaper, changing the order of the apps, uninstalling an app, and opening app information. Hope, this article gives clear information about FLauncher on Google TV.