Channel 4 is a British free-to-air public service television network that is available only in the UK. The moto of this network is to create change through entertainment. The network is doing that by representing unheard voices, challenging with purpose, and reinventing entertainment. Unlike BBC and ITV, Channel 4 doesn’t make any programmes. Rather it commissions them from the UK’s many TV production companies. Experts like Dev Patel, Kaya Scodelario, Olivia Colman began their careers on programmes made for Channel 4. Further, it also has plenty of regular dramas like Hollyoaks and other amazing series that find new acting talent. You can watch all the Channel 4 programmes on the All 4 app. From this article, you will go through the procedure to stream Channel 4 on Chromecast with Google TV with the All 4 app.
How to Watch Channel 4 on Google TV
As said, we must install the All 4 app on Google TV to watch Channel 4 shows. However, All 4app is not available for Google TV, so we must sideload the app.
1. Connect the Google TV to the TV HDMI port and launch the device.
2. Tap the Profile icon and select Settings from the menu.
3. Scroll down and select System and click on the About option.
4. Under about, click Android TV OS build for 7 times until the “You are now a developer” prompt appears.
5. Now, return back to the home screen and select the Search menu.
6. Search and Install the Downloader app on Google TV.
7. Then, go to Settings and click the Apps menu.
8. Select Security & Restrictions option.
9. Tap Unknown Sources, and you will find Downloader in the slide.
10. Toggle the switch near to Downloader for allowing Install unknown apps.
11. Now, launch the Downloader app and select Allow in the prompt.
12. Enter the URL link to download the All 4 app and click the Go button.
13. When the file is downloaded, tap on the Install button.
14. Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
15. Now, start watching Channel 4 shows from the All 4 app on Google TV.
Related: How to Add and Use Cameos on Google TV
Alternate Method to Watch Channel 4 on Google TV
All 4 app is Chromecast compatible, so you can cast the app and watch Channel 4 shows on your Google TV.
2. Once installed, launch the app on your smartphone.
3. Now, select the show you want to watch from the app.
4. Further, tap the Google Cast icon from the right corner of the screen.
5. Select your Google TV name from the list of devices shown.
6. When both devices are connected successfully, you can watch the video on your Google TV.
That’s it. Now, you can watch Channel 4 on Google TV quickly with the help of this article. All 4 allows you to watch both live TV and on-demand videos on Channel 4 network. You get to watch around 1500 Channel 4 shows from All 4 app. If you want to ask anything regarding this article, you shall comment below.