Cameos by Google is a Q&A app for celebrities. It allows the celebrities to create personalized videos for the most popular questions asked through search. After launching an iOS app, the Cameos app is available for Android users. The app’s interface is slick with the material theme bottom bar and card-heavy UI. Here, anyone can hire celebrities to create personalized video messages, which you can gift to others. Thousands of celebrities and influencers are available for Cameo videos, and they set their own price for their videos. The price of the video depends on the celebrity. Usually, the price range starts from $1 to $15000. Though it is a Google app, it is still not compatible with Chromecast with Google TV. So, look down to know the alternative ways to install Cameos on Google TV.
How to Add Cameos on Chromecast with Google TV
As Cameos is not available for Google TV, we have to sideload the app on Google TV using the Downloader app. Look down to get the detailed procedure to sideload the Cameos app using the Downloader app.
1. Go to the Search menu on the home screen of Google TV.
2. Type Downloader and then search for it.
3. Select the Downloader app offered by AFTVNews and click the Install menu.
4. After installing the app, go back to the main screen and allow permission to install the app via Downloader. For this, you need to navigate to Settings >> Device Preferences >> Security and Restrictions >> Unknown Sources >> Downloader >> and enable the feature.
5. Then, launch the Downloader app and go through on-screen prompts.
6. Provide the Cameos app apk URL and click the Go menu.
7. After downloading the Cameos app, click Install on the pop-up of your Google TV.
8. Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
9. Now, view the videos of your favorite celebrities.
As the Cameos app is available on Android, you can screen mirror your Android smartphone and use the app on Chromecast with Google TV. All you need to do is just connect your smartphone and Google TV under the same network connection.
1. First, download the Cameos app from Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Go to the Notification Panel on your smartphone.
3. From there, select the Cast option. (The name may vary based on your Android smartphone).
4. Select your Google TV from the list of devices available nearby.
5. Upon successful connection, you will be able to see the smartphone screen on your Google TV-connected TV.
6. Now, launch the Cameos app and watch the videos.
Related: How to Add and Play Videos using Archos on Google TV
Cameo also offers a service for businesses to promote a product or make the celebrity appear for a virtual event. You also get genuine reviews of products and services. Using Cameo, you can give the best gift to your best one. Hope, you found all the information you needed about Google Cameos. If you have any queries to ask, do let us know through comments.