Crackle is a popular video streaming service owned by Chicken Soup for Soul. It has a rich library of on-demand content, both original and acquired. Crackle is available on various devices and 21 countries. Crackle supports different languages like English, Portuguese, and Spanish. You can find a cool collection of movies and series in multiple genres. It includes action, sci-fi, comedy, crime, drama, and horror. Crackle brings content from a lot of popular networks. It includes FlimRise, Sony Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and DreamWorks Pictures. Let’s explore the different ways to get Crackle on Google TV.
How to Add Crackle on Google TV
If you need to add Crackle on Google TV, you need to sideload it. It involves three steps.
- Install Downloader on Google TV
- Enable Unknown Sources for Downloader
- Install Crackle on Google TV
Install Downloader on Chromecast With Google TV
To sideload any app on Google TV, we need to install the Downloader app. It is available in the Play Store for download.
1. Select the Search menu from your home screen.
2. On the search bar, type and search for the Downloader app.
3. Next, pick Downloader by AFTV news from the results.
4. From the overview page, select the Install button.
5. Wait for the installation process to complete.
Enable Unknown Sources for Downloader
To add third-party apps on Google TV, we need to make a few changes in settings. Follow these steps to get the work done.
1. On the Google TV home screen, you can see a profile icon. Select that icon and then tap the Settings option.
2. Choose the Device Preferences option.
3. Choose the Security and Restrictions option and then the Unknown sources option.
4. Finally, choose Downloader and enable the setting by sliding the toggle located next to it.
Install Crackle on Chromecast With Google TV
1. Launch the Downloader app on your TV. Further, click on Allow if prompted.
2. Enter the URL for Crackle in the URL section.
3. Click on the Go option and download the Crackle APK file.
4. Finally, Install it on your Google TV.
5. Launch the app and configure your Crackle details to stream the movies & shows that you want.
Related: How to Install and Stream Mobdro on Google TV
Alternative Way: Cast Crackle to Google TV
The Crackle app on Android and iPhone is compatible with Chromecast support. So you can use it cast to Google TV.
1. Turn on your Google TV and ensure that it was connected to a strong WiFi connection.
2. Turn on your smartphone and then connect to the same Wi-Fi network. It will help you cast Crackle from your phone on TV.
4. Launch the app and then Sign In to your Crackle account.
5. Tap on the Cast icon on your screen.
6. You can see a list of available devices on your screen. Choose your Google TV from the list.
Crackle has a lot of good content waiting for you. Popular Crackle movies include Four Lions, The Proposition, An American Crime, and The Exorcist III. Apart from movies, it streams TV shows and original programming. However, Crackle is available only in the US, Australia, and some countries of Latin America. Like other streaming apps, Crackle has a well-organized library. You can find a lot of content in any genre and keep track of your streaming.