Hotstar is a reliable platform for Indian regional content and popular sporting events. The streaming service is available in countries like India, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Indonesia, and Singapore. In India and Indonesia, it is available as Disney+ Hotstar. Moreover, the people in India can also access Disney Plus content within the Hotstar app. With Hotstar, you can stream live cricket, news, tournaments, TV shows, etc. In addition, you can watch anything from the latest to classic hits, critically-acclaimed movies, documentaries, and more with the curated movie library. It supports numerous devices, including the recently launched Google TV device. With that note, this section guides you with the installation of Hotstar on Google TV.
As Google TV runs on Android TV OS, you can install it directly from the Google Play Store available on the device. On the other hand, Google TV has built-in Chromecast support. Hence, you can watch Hotstar content on the TV screen by casting it from your smartphone. Let us discuss both methods in detail. Hotstar is a brilliant platform for entertainment. It has many amazing channels and on-demand content.
How to Install Hotstar on Google TV
1. Firstly, turn on your Google TV and Click the search menu.
2. Secondly, search for the Hotstar app.
3. Select the app from the search results, and hit the Install button.
4. Next, click on the Open button to launch it.
5. Open the app and hit the Sign-In option.
6. Enter your Hotstar login credentials and watch live sports, movies, and TV shows.
Related: How to Install Amazon Prime Video on Google TV
Cast Hotstar from Smartphone to Chromecast with Google TV
Hotstar app is available for both Android and iOS devices. Visit the respective app store on your device to install it.
1. Firstly, turn on your Google TV and connect the Google TV and the smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Ensure that you’re logged in to your Hotstar account.
3. Go to the Control Center panel and click the Cast icon (Android) and Screen Mirroring icon (iOS).
4. A list of available devices will appear on the screen. Choose your Google TV. Within minutes, you’ll see the Hotstar mobile app screen on your TV.
5. Finally, play any show or movie on your Hotstar app and enjoy streaming it on a larger screen.
Related: How to Add and Watch Crave on Google TV
The casting method is just an option to enjoy the streaming of Hotstar on the TV screen. It is better to use the Hotstar application rather than casting. Using the app has its own peaks with the quality of streaming. The people who are residing outside the supported countries can use the sideloading method to install the app. However, they would need a good VPN service to watch the media content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can cast Hotstar to Google TV. To know about the steps, refer to the blog.
You can directly download the Hotstar app from the play store on Google TV.
Yes. you can sideload Hotstar on Google TV using the Downloader app.