Chromecast with Google TV is more than a streaming device. It is a great competitor for Roku and Firestick devices. Google TV comes with a remote and a lot of audio and video standards. Unlike other streaming devices, Google TV plugs into an HDMI port on your TV. You can install streaming apps from Google Play Store, and like casting on Chromecast devices, you can even cast the apps to Google TV from your smartphone. If the app is not Chromecast compatible, you can screen mirror your Android smartphone to Google TV. Casting from Android is always easy. And how about Apple devices? Yes, you can also cast from the Apple devices using the in-built Airplay function. Isn’t it so surprising? Go ahead to know how to use Airplay on Chromecast with Google TV.
How to Use AirPlay on Google TV
The guidelines given below are all you need to use the AirPlay feature on your Chromecast with Google TV.
- Make sure that your Apple devices and Google TV are running with the latest software.
- All devices must be connected to the same Wifi network.
- Check AirPlay is configured on your Google TV.
Steps to Use AirPlay on Chromecast with Google TV
To configure the Airplay function on Google TV
1. Press the Source button on the remote and select Edit.
2. Select AirPlay under the Inputs | Edit heading and go back to the home screen.
3. Press the Source button again and select AirPlay.
4. Tap the option AirPlay and HomeKit Settings
4. Turn On the AirPlay option.
5. Now, you can mirror your entire screen or cast specific content.
Related: How to Change Account on Google TV
How to Screen Mirror iOS device to Google TV using AirPlay
One-Step Guide: Enable AirPlay on Google TV >> Tap Screen Mirroring on iPhone/iPad >> Select your Google TV.
1. On your iOS device, go to Control Centre and select Screen Mirroring.
Related: How to Install Google TV on Android TV
2. Select your Google TV from the list.
3. Now, you can see your Apple device screen on Google TV.
4. Start watching the videos on your iOS device as well as Google TV.
Note: If you wish to cast specific content, open the app you want to cast from and tap the AirPlay Video icon for visuals or the Airplay Audio icon for audio. Or select the Share icon and select your Google TV from the list.
How to Screen Mirror Mac to Google TV using AirPlay
One-Step Guide: Turn On AirPlay in Google TV >> Select the AirPlay icon on Mac >> Tap your Google TV.
1. Turn On your Mac and select the AirPlay icon displayed at the menu bar.
2. If you can’t see the AirPlay icon at the top, enable it in Displays Settings.
3. To enable, Go to System Preferences >> select Displays >> Turn on AirPlay. In addition, tick the box placed left to the option Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.
3. That’s it. Now, you can see the AirPlay icon at the menu bar. Just tap it and select your Google TV name.
4. Play your desired content on your Mac and view it on both Mac and Google TV.
That’s it. Follow the above screen mirroring steps and watch your favorite content on a big screen. We hope that the given procedure is clear to use the AirPlay function. If you still have any queries, do let us know in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
You easily resolve the issue by following the simple troubleshooting steps listed below.
Check the Wi-Fi Connection
Power Cycle your TV and casting device.
Restart Casting Device.
Yes. You can easily screen mirror Mac to Google TV using the AirPlay feature. All you need to do is to connect the devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
To enable AirPlay on TV, navigate to Input >> AirPlay >> AirPlay and HomeKit Settings >> Enable AirPlay.