Jellyfin is an open-source media server that allows you to access all your audio, video, photos, and more from one place. It is completely free and 100% safe to use. In addition to accessing your media files, you can watch live TV and recorded shows from the Jellyfin server. The app has an easy-to-use interface, thus making you access your collection easily. With the Chromecast feature, you can watch videos on any big screen. Jellyfin is available for Android, iOS, Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, etc. If you own a Google TV, you can install the Jellyfin app from the Play Store.
How to Add Jellyfin on Chromecast with Google TV
1. Turn on your TV and input your Google TV to the TV HDMI port.
2. Connect your Google TV device to a strong internet connection.
3. From the Google TV home screen, choose the Apps menu from the top panel.
4. Navigate to the App Categories and select the Search for Apps option.
5. Look for the Jellyfin app and choose the app from the suggestions.
6. Tap Install to download and install Jellyfin on Chromecast with Google TV.
7. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
8. Now, you can Add Server and watch the shows from the Jellyfin server to Chromecast with Google TV.
Related: How to install ES File Explorer on Google TV.
How to Cast Jellyfin on Google TV
Chromecast feature is available on the Jellyfin mobile apps on Android and iOS. So, if you want, you can cast the from your smartphone to Google TV. You must have a common network connection between the casting devices.
2. Once the app gets installed, launch the app and click on Add Server.
3. Enter the Host address and click on Connect to establish a connection to the server.
4. Then, Sign in with your Username and Password.
5. Now, the media will add to your server.
6. Further, tap the Cast icon from the top right corner of the screen.
7. Choose your Chromecast with Google TV device name from the list.
8. Finally, now you can watch all the media from Jellyfin on your TV.
You can watch Jellyfin on Chromecast with Google TV with these two methods. Jellyfin helps you to organize, manage and share digital media files easily. It is more like an Emby media server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install the app directly from Amazon App Store.
Yes, Jellyfin is better than Plex. Because we needless to pay any amount to use Jellyfin software.
Yes, you can install the Jellyfin app from Play Store on Google TV.