Plex is an online streaming service for live and on-demand content. There are 100+ live channels including News, sports, regional shows, etc. It has a wide range of on-demand content from Warner Brothers, Crackle, Lionsgate, and MGM. The DVR storage is useful to save the movies and TV shows for watching later. Plex is available on all streaming platforms including Google TV and Firestick. You can install Plex on Google TV and stream your favorites on the big screen. Plex has a premium subscription known as Plex pass and it costs $4.99 per month. The Annual cost of the subscription is $39.99 and it also has a Lifetime subscription which costs $119.99.
How to Watch Plex on Chromecast with Google TV?
(1) Connect Chromecast with Google TV to the HDMI port of the TV and start Google TV.
(2) In the home screen, select Apps and move to the App Categories.
(3) Click Search for Apps and type Plex using the on-screen keyboard.
(4) Select Install to download the app on Google TV.
(5) After downloading, click Open to launch the Plex app.
(6) Sign in to your account and start streaming the contents of Plex TV.
How to Activate Plex on Google TV
(1) Launch the Plex app on Google TV and click the option Sign-In.
(2) You’ll see an activation code on the center of the screen. Note down the code and open a browser.
(3) Go to the Plex activation website and enter the code on the respective box.
(4) Now, select the option Link to activate Plex.
(5) That’s it. stream your favorite TV shows and movies of Plex on Google TV.
Alternative Method to stream Plex on Google TV
Google TV is the upgraded version of Chromecast and it comes with inbuilt Chromecast support as well. You can cast Plex to the TV using this option as well.
Method 1: Cast Plex on Google TV
Plex is a compatible Chromecast application and hence, you can easily cast it to the TV.
(1) Ensure that the Smartphone and Google TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(3) Launch the Plex app and sign in to your account.
(4) Choose the content to stream and select the Cast icon at the top.
(5) Connect to the Chromecast with Google TV and start watching the Plex on Google TV.
This is the best alternative method to stream Plex on the TV. By casting Plex, you can save storage spaces for app installation.
Method 2: Plex Using Downloader
If you are not able to install the Plex app officially, then follow the below method to sideload this app on your Google TV.
(1) Launch Google TV and go to the home screen.
(2) Tap the Profile icon at the top right corner and click Settings.
(3) Select System under settings and click About.
(4) Scroll down and click on the Android TV OS build a certain number of times until the prompt says “You are now a developer“.
(5) Go back to the home screen and select the Apps category on the top.
(6) Click Search for apps and enter Downloader in the search.
(7) Click Install to get the downloader app. After installation, go to the home screen.
(8) Tap on the profile icon and select Settings in the menu.
(9) Choose Apps from the settings and select Security & Restrictions.
(10) Tap on the Install Unknown Apps option and click the Downloader toggle switch to enable install unknown apps.
(11) Now, Launch Downloader on Google TV and tap Allow in the prompt.
(12) Enter the Plex URL and click Go.
Note: Plex URL might vary depending on the version. Get the latest Plex APK link by searching it in Google. You can find the latest APK files from renowned websites.
(13) Select Install to download the app and
(14) After installation, click Open to launch Plex on Google TV.
(14) Click Sign In and enter the account credentials to stream Plex on Google TV.
Plex is the best app to stream content online as well as store media like movies, music, photos on the devices. It also has 30 seconds skip, variable speed playback, and cross-device playback status. Install it on your TV and enjoy streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Plex is available on Chromecast with Google TV. You can download the app directly from the Google TV store.
Plex includes a premium pass which costs $4.99 per month, $39.99 per year, and $119.99 for a lifetime subscription.
Plex has Toon Goggles, Kidoodle TV, Docurama, Cooking Panda, fubo Sports Network, KidsFlix, Yahoo Finance, etc.