Foxtel is an Australian pay-TV company that offers the best live TV channels and on-demand videos to stream. You can watch all the Foxtel content through its streaming app Foxtel. On this app, you can watch around 70 TV channels. It lets you watch channels in all the categories like entertainment, sports, documentaries, kids, drama, series, and more. Foxtel Now subscribers and Foxtel cable/satellite subscribers can stream the desired titles from the app. Additionally, you can stream live sports from the app. Now, get into this article to install and watch Foxtel on Chromecast with Google TV.
What’s on Foxtel Go?
- The app allows you to watch the media content in HD quality.
- Get personalized recommendations based on your search history.
- You can save the favorites on your personal watch list.
- With one subscription, you can stream on 2 devices simultaneously.
- Closed captioning support is available for better understanding.
How to Install Foxtel on Google TV
Foxtel for Google TV is available in the Google Play Store. So, the installation process is very straightforward.
1. Plugin your Google TV into your TV and connect it to the WiFi network.
2. Tap the Apps tab from the home screen and select the Search for Apps tab.
3. Search for the Foxtel app and select the app from the search results.
4. Click Install on the app information page to install Foxtel on Google TV.
5. When the app is installed successfully, click Open to launch the app.
6. Finally, start streaming from Foxtel on Google TV.
Related: How to Add and Watch Crave on Google TV
How to Sideload Foxtel on Chromecast with Google TV
If you face any issues with the official version, you can sideload the app on Google TV.
1. Navigate to the Search menu from the Google TV home screen.
2. Type and search for the Downloader app and select the app from the suggestions.
3. Click Install to install Downloader on Google TV.
4. When the app is installed, go to the home screen and click the Profile icon.
5. Open Settings and select the About option.
6. When the menu expands, click on Android TV OS build until you see You are now a developer pop-up.
7. Further, navigate to Apps >> Settings >> Security & Restrictions >> Unknown Sources >> select Downloader app.
8. Turn on the Unknown Sources toggle.
9. Now, launch the Downloader app and click on the Home tab to get the search bar.
10. Type the Foxtel apk download link on the search field and click on the GO button.
11. Now, the apk file will be downloaded, and click on Install to install the apk file.
12. Finally, launch the app and stream on Google TV.
Related: How to Add and Watch Hotstar on Google TV [2 Ways]
That’s all about installing Foxtel on Chromecast with Google TV. With the app on Google TV, enjoy streaming live videos and on-demand videos. If you have any questions with respect to this article, you shall ask us in the comments section.