Nvidia GeForce Now is the most recognized cloud gaming service by Nvidia. It is a subscription-based service that allows you to access a huge library of games hosted on Nvidia servers. It supports devices like Google Stadia, xCloud from Xbox, and Play Station Now. The Nvidia GeForce Now service is accessible on Shield TV set-top-boxes, desktops, and Google TV. It offers different subscription plans such as free membership, priority membership, and RTX 3080. Free membership allows you to play your compatible games for one hour, the priority membership costs $ 49.99 for 6 months and the RTX 3080 plan costs $99.99 for 6 months. If you want to access GeForce Now on Google TV, you can directly download the app from the Play Store or you can sideload the app using Downloader. In this article, let’s look at the steps to install Nvidia GeForce NOW on Google TV.
How to Install Nvidia GeForce NOW on Google TV
1. The foremost thing you need to do is to connect and set up the Google TV device with your TV.
2. Select the Apps tab displayed on the home screen.
3. Click the Search for apps tile.
4. On the search bar, type NVIDIA GeForce Now using the virtual keyboard.
4. Locate the app from the search results and click it.
5. On the info page, select the Install button to download the app on Google TV.
6. Launch the app after installation and connect a gaming controller to your Google TV.
7. Sign in to the app using your account credentials.
8. Select any game and enjoy playing it on Google TV.
How to Sideload Nvidia GeForce NOW on Google TV
Follow the below steps to install Nvidia GeForce NOW on Google TV using the Downloader app. You can also sideload the app using ES File Explorer.
Install Downloader App
1. Click on the Apps tab from the Google TV home screen.
2. Select the Search for Apps tile.
3. In the search bar, type and search for the Downloader app using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Then, select the Downloader app from the search results.
5. On the following page, click on Install to install the app on Google TV.
6. Further, wait for the installation process to complete.
Enable Unknown Sources on Google TV
1. Tap the Profile icon on the home screen and select the option Settings.
2. Click the Device Preferences option.
3. Proceed with Security & Restrictions and select the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, select Downloader and toggle the switch on.
Sideload GeForce NOW on Google TV
1. Launch the Downloader app on Google TV.
2. Tap the Home tab from the left panel.
3. Next, in the URL field, enter the download link of Nvidia GeForce NOW and click the Go button.
4. Once the file is downloaded, click Install to install the app.
5. After the installation, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Nvidia GeForce NOW on Google TV
1. Launch the Nvidia GeForce NOW app and click on Log In. You will receive an activation code on the screen.
2. Now, visit geforcenow.com/login on your phone or computer and enter the Activation code.
3. After entering, you shall click on SUBMIT.
4. Now, the app will automatically log in to your GeForce Now account on the TV.
5. Then, to play any games, tap on any title and start playing.
To play Nvidia GeForce Now games, you must have a minimum broadband speed of 10 Mbps, but if you want to stream in 720p 60fps, you should have 20Mbps speed. As of now, it is available in 30 countries around the world, including the US, UK, and Europe. Nvidia GeForce Now is the best platform to play all your favorite games.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can directly install the Nvidia GeForce Now from the Play Store on Google TV.
Nvidia GeForce Now is a freemium service. You can play games for free with certain limitations. To access more features, get a subscription.