The Weather Channel is an American pay television channel owned by Weather Group, LLC. It broadcasts weather forecasts and weather-related news and analysis, along with documentaries and entertainment programming related to weather. On The Weather Channel streaming app, you can view the local weather forecast, get live updates and receive air quality reports directly to your device. Further, you can also track all weather from dry heat to monsoon storms with weather maps and an advanced GPS storm radar. You can also track air pollution, the latest weather news, and temperatures with this weather forecast app. From this section, you will get to know the procedure to add The Weather Channel on Google TV.
The Weather Channel allows you to check the weather maps for daily and hourly updates. Moreover, with this app, you can stay safe with flood alerts from your rain tracker. Get local weather and dry heat updates to plan your day confidently.
How to Stream The Weather Channel on Google TV
Since The Weather Channel is not available for Google TV, you have to sideload the app with the Downloader app, or you can cast the app from your Smartphone. You shall follow the below-listed steps to download The Weather Channel using Downloader.
Steps to Watch The Weather Channel on Google TV
1. Launch your Chromecast with Google TV and connect it to the Wifi network.
2. From the home screen, tap the Search icon and select Search for Apps.
3. Now, type or say Downloader using the remote.
4. Pick the Downloader app from the search results.
5. Proceed to click Install to install Downloader app on Google TV.
6. Once installed, navigate to Settings –> Apps –> Security & Restrictions.
7. Then, select Unknown Sources and enable it for Downloader.
Steps to Sideload The Weather Channel using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app and enter The Weather Channel apk URL in the URL field.
2. Click Go to start downloading The Weather Channel apk file.
3. Once the apk file gets downloaded, click the Install button.
4. When installed, tap Open to launch The Weather Channel app.
5. Proceed to Login with your TV provider credentials.
6. Start streaming the forecasts or any show from The Weather Channel on Google TV.
Related: How to Add and Watch Bravo on Google TV
Try This Way: Cast The Weather Channel on Google TV from Smartphone
You can stream The Weather Channel on Google TV by casting it from your Smartphone. Make sure to connect both the devices (Smartphone and Google TV) to the same Wifi network.
2. Once installed, launch the app and Sign in with your TV provider credentials.
3. Proceed to click on the Cast icon, which is available on the top right corner of the screen.
4. Further, select your Google TV device from the list of devices shown.
5. Now, your Smartphone screen will be mirrored on your Chromecast with Google TV.
6. Now, you can watch the forecasts or show from The Weather Channel on Google TV connected TV.
Related: How to Watch Lucifer on Google TV
With The Weather Channel, you can protect yourself from dry heat and UV rays with live updates. It is an all-in-one place to find all the weather-related news quickly. If you have got any queries about this procedure, you shall ask us in the comments section.