Twitch is a gaming platform where you can find videos related to games. Twitch platform is more similar to YouTube, but the videos are limited to gaming and gaming-related stuff. The Twitch app can be used in two ways. You can watch all the gameplay videos or you can upload your gameplay videos. With the Twitch app on your Chromecast with Google TV, you can do both. The Twitch app is available on the Google Play Store for Android smartphones, tablets, Android TVs, and Android TV Boxes.
You can watch all the Twitch gameplay videos for free with ads. To get ad-free streaming, you have to buy a subscription which starts at $4.99 per month. Additional benefits like Emotes, Customized Badges, Exclusive Chatrooms, and Special Competitions are available with the subscription.
How to Install Twitch app on Google TV
1,. Go to the home screen of your Google TV.
2. Click the Search option.
3. Type Twitch and click the Search icon.
4. Choose the Twitch app from the results.
5. Select the Install button on the installation screen.
6. Wait for the download process to complete.
7. Open the Twitch app by tapping the Open button.
How to Activate Twitch on Google TV
1. When you open the Twitch app, you will get all the game videos. But, to get personalized videos, you have to activate the app.
2. Click the Sign In button.
3. Now, your Google TV will display you the activation code.
4. Go to the Twitch activation website (www.twitch.tv/activate) on your smartphone or PC.
5. Enter the activation code and click the Activate button.
6. For verification, sign in with your Twitch account.
7. After the verification, your Twitch account will be activated on your Google TV. You can watch all the gameplay videos. If you have any audio issues, you can connect external audio devices like AirPods to Google TV.
Cast Twitch on Google TV using Chromecast
Chromecast with Google TV lets you cast content from a smartphone and PC. As Twitch is a Cast compatible app, you can cast it using your smartphone or PC.
From Android Smartphones
1. Connect your Google TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. On your smartphone or tablet, install the Twitch app from the Play Store.
3. In the app, tap the Cast icon.
4. On the list of devices, choose your Google TV.
5. Now, play any video from the Twitch app. It will appear on your TV.
From the PC
1. Connect both your PC and Google TV to the same WiFi network
2. On your PC, visit the Twitch website.
3. On the Twitch website, play any video content.
4. Press the Cast icon on the playback screen.
5. Select your Google TV device from the list.
6. If you can’t find the cast icon, click on the three dots icon and choose the Cast option.
Related: Best Games for Google TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Twitch can recognize Google Smart displays. You can cast Twitch videos to Google Nest Hub.