Twitch is a live streaming platform that helps people stream content like games and any other streamable content. It is a useful platform for all gaming streamers and lifestyle streamers. The gaming streamers stream their screens as well as a small screen that shows them. Further, you can hear the game sounds as well as that of the streamers. It is not only a platform for streamers but also for people who would like to watch them. Additionally, Twitch streams recorded broadcasts and talk shows. Let us dig deep to know more about Twitch on Google TV.
How to Install Twitch app on Google TV
The Twitch app is available for Android TVs. You shall go ahead and learn to install it.
1, Firstly, go to the home screen of your Google TV.
2. Secondly, on the search bar, type Twitch and select it from the search result.
3. Wait for the Twitch: Livestream Multiplayer Games & Esports page to be shown. Select the Install button.
4. Wait for the download process to complete.
5. Open the app on your Google TV and click on the Sign In option there. Now a page appears with an activation code for Twitch.
6. Next, on your web browser, visit the Twitch activation site.
7. Enter the activation code and press Activate to activate your Twitch account.
Related: How to Install and Stream Vimeo on Google TV
Cast Twitch on Google TV using Chromecast
Chromecast with Google TV lets you stream content from different sources on TV. Twitch can be cast on your TV from both Android phones and from the website.
From Android Phones
As we have an app for Twitch on Android TV, we can cast it from the phones on TV through Chromecast. Check out the section below for more details.
1. Firstly, turn on your Google TV and your Android phone. Connect it to the same Wi-Fi network to enable casting.
2. Secondly, on your phone turn, on the Twitch app. If you don’t have it, Install it from the Play Store.
3. In the app, play any video or stream the title you want to watch on TV.
4. You have a Cast icon on the top bar of the Twitch screen. Press this icon to cast Twitch.
5. When the list of available devices is shown, you shall choose your device from the list.
Now you have cast the Twitch stream onto your TV. You shall enjoy watching game streams, lifestyle streams, and all other content from Twitch on your Google TV with Chromecast.
From the PC
Now, let us learn how to cast Twitch from PC by visiting their website.
1. Firstly, turn on your TV and your PC. Connect both of them to the same Wi-Fi network
2. Secondly, from the PC, visit the Twitch website.
3. On the Twitch website, play streams and content you want to cast.
4. On the screen, press the Cast icon to cast the stream onto your Chromecast. Pick the name of your Chromecast device from the list.
5. If you can’t find the cast icon, click on the Customise button that has three dots from the screen. Click on the Cast option, and then the list of devices is shown.
6. Next, Click on the Sources option and then on the Cast Tab option.
Twitch Subscription Cost
Twitch has a three-tier subscription for a period of one month. The subscription rates can generally be paid monthly or for three to six months together. The three tiers of the Twitch monthly subscription costs
- First Tier – USD 4.99
- Second Tier – USD 9.99, and
- Third Tier – USD 24.99
The streamers on Twitch can earn money for their broadcasts as well. You can have a chat room to discuss common interests and gaming. Furthermore, the channel owner can create emotes (unique emoticons) for their followers. However, the number of emotes varies between the channels. Also, streamers can have exclusive chat rooms for subscribers and exclusive competitions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Google TV have Twitch?
Yes, you can get the Twitch app for Google TV. Install it to enjoy Game streams on your TV. Read the article for more details.
2. Can I get twitch on my Smart TV?
Yes, you can download the Twitch app for your Smart TV.