Looking for the right music app to listen to popular songs on Google TV? Then, install the YouTube Music app from the Play Store of Google TV. Like other music players, YouTube Music will give personalized recommendations based on your listening history. You can create a playlist to store all your favorite songs. On Google TV, you can either install the app from the Play Store, or you can cast it from your smartphone.
Like Spotify, you can access YouTube Music with or without a subscription plan. The free version lets you stream the songs with commercials, whereas the premium version removes the advertisements along with features like background play, offline listening, and more.
YouTube Music subscription costs $9.99/month and $4.99/month for students. If you have purchased a YouTube premium subscription, you can use the same Google credentials to access YouTube Music for free.
How to Install YouTube Music on Google TV
1. Turn on your Google TV and connect it to a stable internet connection.
2. Select the Search or Apps → Search for Apps option from the home screen.
3. Using the virtual keyboard, search for YouTube Music.
4. Select YouTube Music from the search result and hit the Install button.
5. Then, tap the Open button to launch the app on your Google TV.
By default, the YouTube Music app will sync with the Google Account that has been synced with the Google TV device.
How to Cast YouTube Music on Google TV
If you aren’t interested in installing the YouTube Music app due to storage issues, you can cast the songs from your smartphone.
1. Connect your Smartphone and Google TV to the same WiFi connection.
3. Launch the app and sign in with the required credentials.
4. Tap on the Cast icon and select your Chromecast with Google TV name from the list.
5. Choose the music that you want to hear and start playing it.
6. Finally, the content on your smartphone will appear on Google TV and start playing the desired song.
Yes. You can hear all the songs for free on YouTube Music. But, you will be interrupted by ads. In this case, you must purchase a premium package to get an ad-free experience.
Yes. If you are a premium member, you can download and hear all your favorite songs offline on YouTube Music.