Acorn TV is one of the never-to-miss and the best media streaming services. It is the one-stop destination to stream TV from Britain and beyond. You can watch classics to hard-to-find shows, and more. At one low monthly price, you can stream content without commercials. It is owned by RLJ Entertainment and streams programs from different parts like Ireland, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Moreover, you can stream it on a variety of devices like Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS, Android, and Roku. However, this section will guide you with the instructions to watch Acorn TV on Google TV.
What’s on Acorn TV?
Acorn TV has a variety of programs like documentaries, comedy shows, and dramas. Distributors like BBC Studios, DRG, ZDF, and ALL3Media provide content for Acorn TV. It also brings to you Original series like Queens of Mystery, Dead Still, Ms. Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries, and Agatha Raisin. Further, you can watch British series like Detectorists, George Gently, Vera, and Janet King. It supports searching for shows and watch on the go or save on the watchlist for later access.
How to Add Acorn TV on Google TV
Acorn TV brings you a lot of entertainment with a low subscription rate of $5.99/mo with a 7-day free trial. It brings you a lot of Original and acquired contents to stream. Go ahead and install Acorn TV on Google TV.
1. Select Apps on the menu from your home screen of Google TV.
2. Choose the Search for apps option.
3. Next, type and search for Acorn TV with the help of the search bar.
4. Click on the Install button to start installing.
5. Open the Acorn TV app from the home screen. Log In to your account with your email address and password.
Now, you can enjoy watching all your favorite shows from Acorn TV on Google TV.
Related: How to Add and Stream Freeview on Google TV
Alternative Way: Chromecast Acorn TV on Google TV
Acorn TV is officially available for iOS as well as Android smartphones. Moreover, Acorn TV is cast compatible, and you can cast from the smartphone and website. Let’s discuss in detail about the same.
Ensure that the following are ready, and then follow the steps given below.
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Smartphone or PC
- A strong Wi-Fi connection
- Acorn TV account
As we said before, you can cast Acorn TV from Android and iOS devices. Make sure to download Acorn TV from Play Store and App Store.
1. Firstly, turn on your phone and Chromecast with Google TV. Connect them to the same Wi-Fi network to enable Chromecasting between the two.
2. Install the Acorn TV app on your smartphone.
3. Open the Acorn TV app and Log In to the Acorn TV account.
4. Look for a Cast icon on the top-right part of the screen and click on this icon to enable casting.
5. Choose your Chromecast device from the list that appears on your screen.
6. Finally, play your favorite content on Acorn TV and enjoy watching the same on TV.
You can use your PC to visit the Acorn TVs website and then Chromecast it.
- Firstly, turn on your PC and connect to the same Wi-Fi as the Chromecast.
2. Secondly, select the Customize icon, a three-dotted icon on your screen.
3. Choose the Cast option from the menu.
4. Further, select your Chromecast device and then the Sources option.
5. Next, select the Cast Tab option to cast the tab.
6. Next, on the Chrome web browser, visit the Acorn TV website.
7. Play any content on the Acorn TV website and watch it on TV.
With Acorn TV, you shall not miss the world’s best dramas, mysteries, comedies from Britain and beyond. It features a mix of licensed programs and its original shows. So you will get entertainment in one way or the other.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I watch Acorn TV on my TV?
You can watch Acorn TV on your TV by simply Chromecast it from its website or Android and iOS apps.
2. Can I get Acorn TV on Chromecast?
You can Chromecast Acorn TV from its app for Android and iOS as well.