Everybody loves and enjoys music. We have a lot of music streaming apps available, like Tidal and Spotify. Apple Music is one of those music platforms which provide access to more than 90 million songs. Among all the other music streaming apps, Apple Music has some advanced features like Spatial Audio, Dolby Atmos, and more. With the Apple Music app on your Google TV, you can get the best listening experience. For the best music listening experience, we recommend you to connect the AirPods to Google TV.
How to Listen to Apple Music on Chromecast with Google TV
In Google TV’s Play Store, you can’t find the Apple Music app. However, there are three different ways to access the music app on your Chromecast with Google TV.
- Link Apple Music with Google Home
- Cast Apple Music from Android
- Sideload Apple Music using the Downloader app
How to Get Apple Music on Google TV Using Google Home
This method is applicable only to iPhone users. Before getting into the steps, install the Google Home app from the App Store.
1. Open the Google Home app and sign in with the Google account that you are using on your Google TV.
2. Tap the Profile icon on the top right of the screen.
3. On the Profile menu, click the Assistant Settings option.
4. Scroll down to the Music option and tap on it.
5. Click the Apple Music app to link the service with your Google account.
6. On the confirmation pop-up, click the Link Account button.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts and sign in with your Apple ID.
7. On the Access Request page, click the Allow button to allow Google to access the Apple Music services.
8. Now, Apple Music is linked with Google TV.
9. Click the Google Assistant button on the Google TV remote and say a command like “Play Songs from Apple Music.”
10. The songs from Apple Music will play on your Google TV. As the app is not available, you have to use voice commands to trigger the Apple Music library.
How to Cast Apple Music on Google TV
The Apple Music on iOS devices doesn’t have a built-in Cast feature. Hence, the following works only on Android devices.
1. Turn on your TV and connect your Chromecast with Google TV device.
2. Ensure to connect your Google TV and Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Install the Apple Music app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
4. Choose any track or podcast you want to listen to and start playing it.
5. From the bottom of the screen, tap on the song that is playing.
6. Now, tap the Cast icon at the bottom.
7. Next, choose your Google TV device from the list.
How to Sideload Apple Music on Google TV
Another method to listen to Apple Music on Google TV is by sideloading the apk version. To sideload apps on Google TV, you need to install the Downloader app and change the device’s settings.
1. Select the Search menu on your home screen.
2. On the search bar, type and search for the Downloader app.
3. Further, select the Downloader by AFTV news from the results.
4 From the overview page, select the Install button to get the Downloader app on Google TV.
5. Then, go to the Google TV Settings menu.
6. Next, choose the System option.
7. Click the Android TV OS build seven times to enable the developer mode.
8. Now, go back to Google TV Settings and choose Security & Restrictions.
9. Choose teh Unknown Sources menu.
10. Finally, enable the Downloader toggle.
11. Then, open the Downloader app on your Google TV and click on Allow when prompted.
12. Enter the Apple Music APK URL in the required section.
13. Click on the Go option and download the Apple Music APK file.
14. Then, tap the Install button.
15. Open the Apple Music app and listen to your favorite songs.
These are the three different ways to access Apple Music on Google TV. Pick a method that suits your preferences.
The Apple Music app for Android smartphones is compatible with Chromecast.
Apple Music has two important features, Lossless and High-resolution audio which are not available in Spotify for Google TVs. This clearly indicates that Apple Music is better than Spotify.