Coursera is one of the valuable and noteworthy online educational platforms to learn and access courses. You can learn from more than 200 world-class universities, including Yale, the University of Michigan, Google, IBM, and more. Coursera courses help you upskill or upgrade yourself, and you can thereby excel in your professional career. The courses available are reasonably priced, and you learn the lessons through videos, readings, quizzes, and assignments. With this app, you can learn within your budget, or access hundreds of free courses by enrolling in your details. The single course ranges from $39 to $99, while the Master Track ranges from $2000 to $5000 in the Coursera app. You can even get a degree ranging from $9000 to $45000. The section below is useful to access the Coursera courses on your Chromecast with Google TV.
How to Install Coursera on Chromecast with Google TV
Here, we will use the Downloader app to sideload the Coursera app on Google TV. Let’s get started.
1. Hover to the Apps menu on the Google TV home screen and select the Search for Apps tile.
2. Type and search for the Downloader app using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Choose the app from the search results and tap Install to get Downloader on Google TV.
4. Return to the home screen and navigate to Settings >> Apps >> Device Preferences option.
5. Then, click on Security & Restrictions from the next screen.
6. Tap Unknown Sources and choose Downloader and toggle the switch on.
7. Launch the Downloader app and click the Home button from the left pane.
8. Enter the download link of the Coursera app apk URL under the search term and click the Go button.
9. After the download, click on the Install button to proceed with accessing Coursera on Google TV.
10. Finally, launch the app and watch the lesson from Coursera on your TV.
Related: How to learn with MasterClass on Google TV.
Alternative Way: Screen Mirror Coursera from Smartphone to Google TV
Screen mirroring the Coursera content from your Android smartphone is the simplest way. Before entering into the steps, ensure that you have connected your smartphone and Google TV to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Coursera app from Google Play Store on your Android phone.
2. Move to the Control Panel of your Android smartphone and choose the Cast option.
3. Select your Chromecast with Google TV device name to screen mirror the Android phone.
4. Now, launch the Coursera app and Sign in with your credentials.
5. Then, play the course or lesson and that will mirror onto your Google TV-connected TV.
These are the two ways to watch Coursera lessons on your Chromecast with Google TV. Coursera offers courses in various categories such as Business, Computer Science, Data Science, Art, Personal Development, Science, and more. So, with the Coursera app, you can become an expert in your field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Coursera is not available for Google TV. So, you can sideload the app on your device.
Yes, the Coursera app is available on Android and iOS. You can download the app for free and use it on your phone.