Tidal is one of the best audio streaming services known for the best sound quality. The library of Tidal has nearly 70+ million audio tracks to play. It also 250,000 music videos in HD quality. Unlike other music services, Tidal doesn’t have an ad-supported free version for streaming the tracks. You need to purchase any one of the premium versions: Tidal Premium ($9.99/month) or Tidal HiFi ($19.99/month). On Chromecast with Google TV, you can get the app officially from the Google Play Store. If you had an Android or iPhone device, you could also cast the songs from the smartphone to the Google TV.
Add and Listen to Tidal on Chromecast with Google TV
Before installing the app, visit the official site of Tidal and sign up for the premium plan that you want.
1. Turn on your Google TV and connect it to a standard internet connection.
2. On the home screen, go to the Apps section.
3. Hit the Search for apps menu.
4. Use the on-screen keyboard to search for the Tidal app.
5. Select the Tidal app from the search results.
6. Hit the Install menu to install the Tidal app on Google TV.
7. Wait for the Tidal music app to install on your device.
8. After installation, launch the app and configure your Tidal login credentials.
9. Now, listen to your favorite audio track on the TV with ease.
Alternate Method – Cast Tidal to Google TV
For this method, you don’t need to install any app on your Google TV. You just need to connect your Tidal app installed smartphone and Google TV to the same WiFi network.
1. Launch the Tidal app on your smartphone and play the track you want.
2. On the media player, tap the sound output icon that you can view on the bottom left corner.
3. Wait for the device to scan the nearby devices.
4. Choose your Google TV and wait for few seconds.
5. Once the connection was made, the audio track will play on the TV.
Other audio streaming services available for Google TV:
If you’re not interested with the features of Tidal, try these audio streaming services:
Tidal is one of the best and unique streaming audio services around with high-quality tracks, music-related articles, and sporting events. The only disadvantage with this service is that it lacks the ad-supported free version, the feature which you can see on all popular audio services.