Google Slides is a free presentation app by Google. It offers excellent features for online sharing and collaboration. Unlike PowerPoint, you can create new presentations or edit the existing ones with Google Slides. It has a sleek interface and works even offline. The app allows you to rearrange slides, format texts and shapes, and more. You get a lot of free templates to use. It saves your work automatically as you type, so you needless to worry about losing your work. Your slides are kept safe as your Google account has two-step authentication. You can access Google Slides on all browsers and download apps on Android and iOS. Unfortunately, Google Slides is not available for Chromecast with Google TV, so you have to sideload the app’s apk file on the device.
How to Install Google Slides on Google TV
1. Connect your Google TV to your WiFi network and tap the Search menu from the home screen.
2. Search for the Downloader app using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Choose the app from the search results and tap Install to install Downloader on Google TV.
4. Once you have installed the Downloader app, you have to enable the unknown sources for the Downloader app.
5. For that, go to Settings >> Device Preferences >> Security and Restrictions >> Unknown Sources >> Downloader and enable the settings.
6. Now, launch the Downloader app on Google TV and tap the Home button from the left panel.
7. Enter the Google Slides apk link in the URL field and click the Go button.
8. After downloading the app, click Install to install it on Google TV.
9. Next, tap Open to launch the app.
10. Start creating presentations with Google Slides on your television.
Related: How to view Google Photos on Google TV
Cast Google Slides on Google TV
Google Slides is compatible with Chromecast. So, you can cast the app to your Google TV and view the presentation.
1. Connect your smartphone and Google TV to the same WiFi network connection.
3. Launch the Google Slides app and Sign in with your Google account.
4. Select the Presentation slides on the app and tap the Cast icon from the top-right corner.
5. Choose your Google TV device name from the available devices.
6. Now, connect and view the presentation on the TV from the Google Slides app.
You can use Google Slides on Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge. Furthermore, you can present slides to video calls and can connect with Google Meet for presenting the slides in online meetings. It also lets you know the scheduled meetings easily. You can integrate docs, forms, and sheets with slides as it comes under Google Workspace.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can present Slides on TV with the Chromecast feature.
No, currently, Google Slides is not available for Google TV.
The app is free to download and use. If you are using Google Slides for business purposes, then you can get a subscription for $12 per month.