Discord is a messaging application like WhatsApp, and you can use this app to communicate with your friends and family members. It supports voice calls, video calls, and text messaging. It was officially released in May 2015. This application has a user-friendly interface and communication is very easy on the Discord app. You can use voice channels to talk to your friends. Further, low latency voice and video lets you feel like you are in the same room. In addition, you can group up friends and organize your local book club. It even allows you to turn any image into your custom emojis, and you can share it with your friends. Check out this article and learn about the steps to install Discord on Chromecast with Google TV.
How to Add Discord on Google TV
Discord is not yet available as an official app for Google TV. But we have two alternative ways to use the app on Google TV.
- Sideload Discord app using Downloader
- Cast Discord to Google TV
Sideload Discord on Google TV
1. Install the Downloader app on Google TV.
2. Next, enable the Unknown Sources for the Downloader app. For that, go to Settings >> Apps >> Unknown Sources >> Downloader app and turn on the toggle next to Downloader.
3. Now, launch the Downloader app and click the Home tab from the left panel.
4. Further, enter the Discord apk file link to download it on your device and click the Go button.
5. When the file is downloaded, click Install to download the app on the device.
6. Next, click Open to launch the app.
7. Now, start texting and start the audio and video calls from your Google TV.
Screen Mirror Discord on Google TV
Screen mirroring is the easiest way to use Discord on Google TV. The below section will help you to screen mirror the Discord app.
1. Power On your Google TV and connect it to the internet connection.
2. Connect your Google TV and smartphone under the same network connection.
3. Hover to the Notification Panel and select the Screen Cast option. The name will vary based on your Android mobile.
4. Further, select your Google TV and enable the permission to mirror your screen.
5. Now, launch the Discord app and start your communication. If you have not installed the app on your android phone, you shall get it from the Google Play Store.
The above listed are the possible ways to get Discord on GoogleTV. Discord app is specially developed for smartphones. If you intend to access it on Google TV, you will be able to experience only certain features of it. If you to fully experience the Discord app, wait for the official release.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the app is not available for Google TV. But, we can sideload the app on the device. For further details, go through the article completely.
Discord has more users in the countries such as the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and France.