Communication plays a vital role in everyone’s life. There are different types of communication apps available. Messaging is one of them. Unlike WhatsApp, Telegram is also one of the popular messaging app available across the world. The app is fast and secure, and it is a cross-platform application. As of now, around 500 million users use the Telegram app to communicate. Further, using Telegram, you can send any media files, and there is no limit on the files type and size. Further, it uses 256-bit symmetric AES encryption and 2048-bit RSA encryption to secure your data. In addition, the app lets you create over 20,000 members. Through Telegram, you can send documents, photos, videos, links, files and many more to your friends and family members. This article helps you install and send messages using Telegram on Google TV.
How to Install Telegram on Chromecast with Google TV
Telegram app is not available on Google Play Store on Google TV. So, we have to install the apk file using the Downloader app.
1. Launch your Google TV and connect to a strong internet connection.
2. Click the Search menu from the home screen.
3. Type and search for the Downloader app and choose the app from search results.
4. Tap on the Install button to install the Downloader app on Google TV.
5. Further, go to Settings from your Profile menu.
6. From the settings menu, choose the System option and select the About option.
7. Scroll down and tap Android TV OS build seven times to enable the developer mode.
8. Now, return back to the home screen and navigate to Settings >> Apps.
9. Select the Security & Restrictions and open the Unknown Sources option.
10. Next, select the Downloader app and turn on the Unknown Sources toggle.
11. Proceed to launch the Downloader app from the home screen.
12. Enter the Telegram apk download link on the search bar to download the app and click the Go button.
13. When the apk file gets downloaded, click the Install button to download the app.
14. Finally, click Open to launch the app.
15. Now, Sign in with your account and start using the Telegram app on Google TV.
Related: How to Install and Use WhatsApp on Google TV
Alternative Way (Screen Mirroring)
1. Connect your Google TV and smartphone under the same network connection.
2. Install the Telegram app from Play Store.
3. Now, go to Notification Panel on your smartphone.
4. From that, select Cast or Screen Cast or Smart View option. The name will vary based on the phone you have.
Related: How to Add and Use Google Meet on Google TV
5. Further, select your Chromecast with Google TV from the available devices.
6. When your screen is mirrored on your Google TV connected TV, launch the Telegram app on your smartphone.
7. Now, Sign in with your account and start using Telegram on Google TV.
The Telegram app comes with powerful photo and video editing tools, so you can edit your photos and videos as you wish. Further, it also gives you emojis, customizable themes and a GIF platform to send messages. You can easily install the app on any device to send messages. If there is any doubt regarding this article, do let us know in the comments section.