House of the Dragon is the most expected fantasy drama television series. The series is based on the famous novel Fire & Blood. Further, the series is the prequel to the famous television series Game of Thrones. House of the Dragon is going to take place two hundred years before the events of the Game of Thrones series. The first season of House of the Dragon’s release date is on January 1, 2022, including 10 episodes. It is an HBO original series, so you can stream the series on the HBO Max streaming app. Recently, HBO has released the first trailer for House of the Dragon. You can watch the trailer and the series on Google TV using the HBO Max app. The below section will guide you to watch House of the Dragon on Chromecast with Google TV.
How to Watch House of the Dragon on Google TV
You can get HBO Max on Google TV easily from the Google Play Store. And the app is available only in the US, so if you are in the US, you can install the app for free.
1. Plugin your Google TV into your TV HDMI port.
2. Choose Apps from the home screen.
3. Further, move to App Categories and select Search for Apps.
4. Type HBO Max using the on-screen keyboard and click the Search icon.
5. Further, select Install to install the app, and once installed, click Open to launch the app.
6. Next, click Sign In and enter your account credentials.
7. Search for the House of the Dragon series and watch it on your Google TV.
How to Cast HBO Max to Google TV to Watch House of the Dragon
HBO Max is Chromecast compatible app. If you don’t prefer installing the app, you can cast the app to watch the series on Google TV. HBO Max is available on the Play Store as well as on App Store.
1. Ensure that your smartphone and Google TV are connected to the Wifi network connection.
2. Install the HBO Max app on your smartphone (Play Store or App Store).
3. Tap to open the app and Sign In with your details.
4. Select any of the House of the Dragon series and click the Cast icon at the top right corner.
4. Further, select your Chromecast with Google TV.
5. Now, the episode you have selected will stream on your new Chromecast.
As mentioned earlier, HBO Max is available only in the US. So, if you live outside the US you must sideload the app on Google TV to watch the House of the Dragon series.
Steps to Sideload Downloader on Google TV
1. On the Google TV home screen, tap the Profile icon and select Settings.
2. Under that, select System >> About options.
3. Now, click on Android TV OS build seven times until you see You are now a developer message on the screen.
4. Return back to the home screen and install Downloader by clicking the Search menu.
5. Further, navigate to Profile icon >> Settings >> Apps >> Security & Restrictions >> Unknown Sources and select the Downloader app and toggle the switch on.
6. Launch the Downloader on Google TV and click Allow if prompted.
7. Enter the HBO Max URL link and click the Go button.
8. Further, select Install to install the app.
9. Click Open to launch the app.
10. Proceed to Sign In and watch House of the Dragon on Google TV.
Tip: You can even use a trustworthy and best VPN on Google TV and choose a US server to stream the House of Dragon on your Google TV outside the US.
Therefore, these are the possible ways to watch House of the Dragon on Google TV. It is good that you use a VPN on Google TV to watch House of the Dragon from outside the US. HBO Max costs $14.99 per month and offers you 7 days free trial. Other than the House of the Dragon series, you can watch Friends and Game of Thrones on the HBO Max app. If you have any issues with this article, you can tell us in the comments section.