Internet Protocol Television commonly called IPTV is a technology that delivers TV channels, movies, TV shows, and more using Internet Protocol (IP). IPTV services are the best alternative to traditional cable and satellite services. It offers users a huge library of video content at an affordable price. IPTV is broadly classified into two categories – IPTV providers and IPTV Players. IPTV providers offer the content via M3U URL or Playlist file. While IPTV players loads and streams the content of the IPTV provider. Streaming IPTV channels and VOD content on Google TV is one of the best ways to experience the videos in high quality. As Play Store is available on Google TV, you can easily install the IPTV apps without any sideloading. In this article, let’s look at the steps to install IPTV on Google TV.
There are plenty of IPTV players available in the market. Some best IPTV players are
- GSE Smart IPTV
- IPTV Smarters
- Smart IPTV
- 247 IPTV Player and more.
How to Install IPTV on Google TV
There are plenty of IPTV players available on the Play Store. You can download any IPTV player of your choice. For instance, we’ve taken GSE Smart IPTV to explain the installation procedure.
(1). Connect Chromecast with Google TV device to your TV HDMI port and set it up.
(2). Select the Apps tab displayed on the home screen.
(3). Click Search for Apps and type GSE Smart IPTV on the search bar.
(4). Locate and select the app from the search results.
(5) On the info page, tap Install to download the app on Google TV.
(6). After installation, launch the GSE Smart IPTV on Google TV and follow the on-screen prompts to access the app.
How to Set Up GSE Smart IPTV on Google TV
(1) Launch GSE Smart IPTV on GoogleTV.
(2) Give access to all the permissions and tap Agree after reading the Terms and Agreement form.
(3) Once you’re in, you find several options in the left side menu bar.
(4) To add content, click Remote Playlists >> Tap + icon >> Select Add M3U URL >> Enter the M3U link of your provider.
(5) To add EPG, select EPG Program Guide and add the EPG Source URL of your provider.
(6) If you have Xtream Codes of your IPTV provider, you can add them by selecting the option Xtream-Codes API.
Related: How to Install Netflix on Google TV
How to Cast IPTV to Chromecast with Google TV
You can also cast IPTV to GoogleTV using a smartphone or PC. To do it, follow the steps listed below.
- Connect the casting device and the Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install GSE Smart IPTV from Play Store on your android smartphone.
- Install VLC Media Player on your PC.
(1). Plugin the Chromecast with Google TV device to your TV and turn it On.
(2). Connect your smartphone and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi connection.
(3). Download and install the GSE Smart IPTV app on your smartphone.
(4). Open the app and add the M3U playlists file or link of your IPTV provider.
(5) Now, tap the Cast icon displayed at the top.
(6). Choose your Google TV from the list of available devices.
(7) Now, you can see the GSE Smart IPTV app screen on GoogleTV.
(8) Play your favorite movie or TV show and enjoy streaming it on Google TV.
(1). Turn On your PC and launch the Google Chrome browser.
(2). Select Customize and control Google Chrome (three vertical dot icons).
(3). Click the Cast option and choose the Chromecast device.
(4). Tap Sources and click Cast Desktop to mirror the whole PC screen.
(5). Open VLC Media Player and select Media at the top.
(6) Scroll down and select the option Open Network Stream.
(6). Navigate to the Network tab and enter the M3U link of your IPTV provider.
(7). Play any live TV channel of your service provider. As the desktop screen is mirrored to Google TV, you can see the video on Google TV.
Related: How to Install GSE Smart IPTV on Google TV
The above given are the methods to watch IPTV on GoogleTV. Apart from these methods, you can also sideload IPTV apps on Google TV using Downloader. Nowadays, most IPTV services are illegal and offer copyrighted content. There is a possibility that your data might be hacked by online hackers and snoopers. To safeguard yourself from online threats, make sure to install and configure a VPN on Google TV. VPN also helps the users to unblock the geo-restricted content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. There are three ways to install IPTV on Google TV. You can directly install any IPTV app from the Play Store on Google TV. In addition, you can stream IPTV on Google TV using the casting or sideloading method.
The answer is Yes and No. Some IPTV services offer content for free. While some IPTV services provide the content only with a subscription.
You can sideload IPTV on Google TV using Downloader or ES File Explorer.