Freeview, as the name suggests, it is a free streaming app available only in the UK. In the Freeview app, you will get movies, series, and TV shows from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, UKTV Play, All 4, and more. Apart from these channels, you can also get access to 30 + radio stations worldwide. You can stream the Freeview content on Chromecast with Google TV by installing the app from the Play Store.
How to Add Freeview on Google TV
1. Set up the Chromecast with Google TV using the HDMI port.
2. On the home screen, select the Search menu on your home screen.
3. Type Freeview on the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Next, choose the Freeview app from the search results.
5. Finally, select the Install button to download the app on Google TV.
6. Open the app and follow the on-screen prompts to access the app.
7. Choose a video content and enjoy streaming it on your Google TV.
Alternative Way to Get Freeview on Google TV
1. Select the Search menu from your home screen.
2. Type and search for the Downloader app on the search bar.
3. Choose the Downloader by AFTV news from the results.
4. From the next page, select the Install button to get the Downloader app on Google TV.
5. On the Google TV home screen, you can see a Profile icon. Select this icon and then the Settings option.
6. Choose the System option.
7. Tap the Android TV OS build seven times to enable the developer mode on Google TV.
8. Further, choose the Device Preferences option.
9. Choose the Security and Restrictions option.
10. Choose the Unknown Sources options and enable the Downloader app’s toggle.
11. Launch the Downloader app on your Google TV. Click on the Allow button if prompted.
12. On the URL box, enter the URL of the Freeview APK for Google TV.
13. Click on the Go button to download the Freeview APK file.
14. Click Install to download the app on Google TV.
15. Now, open the Freeview app and watch all the video content for free on your Chromecast with Google TV.
Freeview is one of the best streaming services that offer plenty of video content for free. You can also screen mirror the app on Google TV using the Google Home app.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Freeview app is not compatible with the Cast support. You can’t cast the Freeview app to any casting devices. But, you can screen mirror the app from your Android smartphone.