We have a lot of Podcast apps on Google TV. You might have used a few of them. However, the Podcast Addict app is a bit different from the general Podcast app. You can access a wide variety of Podcasts on this application. You can search and access any podcast of your wish by using this app. It will help you access around 50 million episodes of 2 million podcasts. Apart from podcasts, you can access radio, audiobooks, YouTube, and RSS news. The following guide will show the steps to install Podcast Addict on Google TV.
How to Add Podcast Addict on Google TV
The Podcast Addict doesn’t have an app for Google TV. However, the Podcast Addict Android application is Chromecast compatible. So, you can cast it to Google TV easily by connecting both the devices to the same network.
1. Connect the Chromecast with Google TV device to your TV. Further, connect it to a strong Wi-Fi connection.
2. Connect your Android mobile phone to the same Wi-Fi connection.
3. On your phone, open the Google Play Store.
4. Further, install the Podcast Addict app and then Sign In to it.
5. On the top of the screen, tap on the Cast icon.
6. Now, you can see a list of nearby device. Choose your Google TV.
7. Within a few minutes, you can see that the app casting on your TV.
8. Now, stream your favorite podcasts on Google TV.
Alternative Way to Stream Podcast Addict on Google TV
We can also sideload the Podcast Addict android version using the Downloader. This method involves three different steps.
- Installing Downloader on Google TV
- Enabling unknown sources for Downloader
- Sideloading Podcast Addict app
Installing Downloader on Google TV
1. Select the Search menu on the home screen.
2. On the search bar, type and search for the Downloader app.
3. From the search results, select the Downloader by AFTV news.
4. On the overview page, select the Install button.
5. Further, wait for the installation process to complete.
Enabling Unknown Sources for Google TV
1. On the top-right corner of your home screen, you can see a profile icon. Select the icon and then select the Settings option.
2. Choose the Device Preferences option.
3. Click on the Security and Restrictions option and then choose the Unknown sources option.
4. Select Downloader and slide the toggle located next to it.
Sideloading Podcast Addict on Google TV
1. Launch the Downloader app and click on Allow if prompted.
2. Enter the URL for Podcast Addict apk in the URL section.
3. Click on the Go option to download the Podcast Addict apk file.
4. Finally, install it on your Google TV.
You can download content on Podcast Addict. Also, use the search engine in the app to search for podcasts. You can search for podcasts of certain categories and networks. The app recommends podcasts based on your preference. It works with iTunes, Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, and YouTube channels. Listen to popular podcasts like Ted Talks, H3 podcast, The Big Listen, and Conan O’Brien needs a friend. Enjoy streaming your favorite podcasts with the Podcast Addict channel.