If you are a frequent user of video calling and video conference attenders, you must have a video calling app like Skype on your smart devices. Nowadays, most of us have a streaming devices like Firestick, Roku, or Chromecast with Google TV. The best thing about these streaming devices is that you can install Android apps with ease. Likewise, you can install Skype on Google TV.
As of now, Skype is not available for Google TV. You have to sideload the app using any third-party installers. If your TV is equipped with a built-in camera and mic, you can get both the video and audio on your TV. Otherwise, you have to connect an external camera and mic to your TV.
How to Sideload Skype on Google TV?
(1) Go to the Apps section of your Google TV.
(2) Search for Downloader using the Search for apps tab.
(3) Install the Downloader app on your Google TV. If you want, check our detailed guide on how to install Downloader on Google TV.
(4) Now, go to your Profile and choose Settings.
(5) Open the About option on the next screen.
(6) Navigate to the Android TV OS build and tap the option seven times.
(7) With that, you will enable the Developer mode.
(8) Then, open the Apps section from the Settings menu.
(9) Select Unknown Sources and turn on the Downloader toggle.
How to Sideload Skype on Google TV Using Downloader?
(1) Open the Downloader app from the Apps section.
(2) Go to the Home tab and click the Search bar.
(3) Enter the Skype app’s download link (https://bit.ly/37CceIY) and click the Go button.
(4) Skype apk file will be downloaded. Click the Install button to get the Skype app.
How to Make Calls using Skype on Google TV?
(1) Open the Skype app on your Google TV.
(2) Go to the Contacts menu and choose a contact.
(3) Tap the Camera icon to make a video call. For Audio call, tap the Dail icon.
(4) Once the call is over, tap the End icon to disconnect the call.
Since Chromecast with Google TV is a new device, a lot of apps are not launched for the device. In the near future, we will get more and more apps. For the time being, you have to sideload Skype on your Google TV. If you have any issues with the Skype app, tell us in the comments below.