If you want to add Aptoide TV on Google TV, you’ve landed in the right place. Aptoide TV is more like an app store. It has a lot of applications that aren’t available on the Google TV store officially. It also has few applications which you can’t find anywhere. With Aptoide TV, you can add those exclusive apps on Chromecast with Google TV. Get this app on your streaming device and get access to more applications with a single tap.
Features of Aptoide TV
- Aptoide TV has a collection of over 750000 applications from different developers.
- It is the most popular third-party app marketplace.
- Aptoide TV works well on devices running on Android OS.
- The apps are properly categorized and have a simple interface.
- Aptoide TV is free to install on your devices.
How to Install Aptoide TV on Google TV
Aptoide TV can be installed by sideloading it. The process is categorized into three different parts:
- Installing Downloader on Google TV
- Enable Unknown Sources for Google TV
- Side load Aptoide TV on Google TV Using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Google TV
Let’s begin with installing Downloader on Google TV. It is available on the app store.
1. On your home screen, select the Search menu.
2. On the search bar, type and search for the Downloader app.
3. From the search results, select the Downloader by AFTV news.
4. On the overview page, select the Install button.
5. Now, wait for the installation process to complete.
Enable Unknown Sources for Aptoide TV
To add third-party apps on Google TV, you need to alter the device settings. Follow the steps to bring about necessary changes.
1. On the top-right corner of the home screen, you can see a profile icon. Select the icon and then the Settings option.
2. Select the Device Preferences option.
3. Further, click on the Security and Restrictions option and then choose the Unknown sources options.
4. Finally, choose Downloader and then enable the setting.
Related Guide: Steps to Install NordVPN on Google TV
Install Aptoide TV on Google TV
Finally, we need to install Aptoide TV. Follow these steps to add the same.
1. Launch the new Downloader app on your TV. Further, click on Allow if prompted.
2. Enter the URL for Aptoide TV in the URL section.
3. Further, click on the Go option to download the Aptoide TV apk file.
4. After downloading the apk file, install the Aptoide TV app on your device.
5. Now, launch the Aptoide TV and install the apps that you want.
With this, we have installed the Aptoide TV on Google TV. On Aptoide TV, you can also get the older version for the apps you want. However, you should be careful with the app you choose to download from it.