Hoopla is a renowned digital media service offered through libraries across the country. The app is straightforward to use, and the content available is well organized. Hoopla is available exclusively for people who live in the US and Canada with a library card. It brings you movies, TV shows, music, audiobooks, comic books, and ebooks. From this app, you can watch more than 1,000,000 titles. Further, the Hoopla digital app is free and requires a library card through the public library system to use. You can install and use the Hoopla on various platforms. With this article, you shall learn to install and watch Hoopla on Google TV.
What’s on Hoopla?
- You can relax with ad-free listening.
- It lets you stream content 24/7.
- Every month you get thousands of new titles to watch.
- You can stream only family-friendly content by turning on the kid’s mode.
- The app works with Android Auto, and you can use the app even if you are traveling.
- It supports saving your place with a digital bookmark.
How to Add Hoopla on Chromecast with Google TV
Hoopla is not available for Google TV. So, we have two alternative ways to install the app on the device. They are sideloading and casting. Look down to get detailed information about both methods.
1. First, install Downloader on Google TV.
2. Now, on the home screen, go to your Profile icon and choose the Settings option.
3. From the settings menu, select the System option.
4. Open the About menu and scroll down to Android TV OS Build option.
5. Tap the option seven times, and you will get into developer mode.
6. Now, go to the Settings menu and open the Apps section.
7. Click the Security & Restrictions and select the Unknown Sources option.
8. Find the Downloader app and enable the Unknown Sources toggle.
9. Then, open the Downloader app and go to the Home tab.
10. Click the Search bar and enter the Hoopla app’s download link. You can get the latest APK file from Google search.
11. After entering the link, click the Go button.
12. The Hoopla apk file will be downloaded. Install the apk file by tapping the Install button.
13. Open the Hoopla app and Sign in with your account.
14. Finally, play any video and watch it on your Google TV.
Alternative Method: How to Cast Hoopla to Google TV
The alternative method to watch Hoopla on Google TV is casting. You can use the below-given steps to watch content on Google TV.
2. Connect your Google TV and smartphone under the same network connection.
3. Launch the Hoopla app on your smartphone.
4. Click the Cast icon on the top right side of the screen.
Related: How to Add and Watch Kanopy on Google TV
5. Your Google TV name will be displayed, and click on it to start the casting process.
6. Now, you can choose to play any video and watch it on your Google TV.
Therefore, Hoopla is an all-in-one streaming platform that brings you all types of content to watch. It is the best option to access audiobooks, ebooks, music, movies, and more. With this app, you will experience the most out of Hoopla.