Telia Play is one of the famous Swedish streaming services which allows you to watch TV channels, Shows, Live Sports, Movies, and more. It does not just include content for adults but also has much content for children too in the SF Kids’ favorite collection. You can stream more than 15 Swedish channels on this app. Apart from that, it offers 500 hours of cloud storage to record your favorite content on Telia Play. The recorded content will be available in the Cloud storage space. You can also download and watch the contents anywhere without an internet connection. It is compatible with many streaming devices, and this section is limited to getting the Telia Play app on Google TV. Since it is officially available, you shall get it installed from the Google TV Play Store. In addition, you shall even sideload the app on Google TV using the Downloader app.
How to Install Telia Play on Google TV
Telia Play is compatible with Chromecast with Google TV, you can directly get the app from Google TV Play Store.
1. First, turn on your Chromecast with Google TV and connect to the internet connection.
2. To get Telia Play, navigate to the Search options on your TV home screen.
3. Enter the app name Telia Play and tap the Enter option to search the app.
4. Choose the Telia Play app from your search results.
5. Next, tap the Install button to download the app on your Google TV.
6. Once the downloading and installation process is over, tap the Open button to launch the app on your TV.
7. Now, Sign In to Telia Play with the valid login details.
8. Finally, you can enjoy watching your liked content on your Google TV
Alternative Method: How to Sideload Telia Play on Google TV
Telia Play isn’t accessible from the United States. In that case, you need to use a VPN and get access to the geo-restricted content. So, you have to sideload the app on Google TV. To sideload Telia Play on Google, follow the steps below.
- Install Downloader on Google TV
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Sideload Telia Play via Downloader
Install Downloader on Google TV
1. Turn on your Chromecast with Google TV.
2. Choose the Apps option on your Google TV home screen.
3. Under Apps, select the Search for Apps title on your TV.
4. Type Downloader on your virtual keyboard and identify the app on your Google TV.
5. From the list of suggestions apps, choose the Downloader app and tap the Install button to get the app on your TV.
6. Wait for a few minutes, now you are ready to use the Downloader on Google TV.
It is possible to customize the Google TV Home screen by rearranging or moving the apps to the desired location or getting smart suggestions.
Enable Unknown Sources
1. On your Google TV main screen, choose the Profile icon and run to the Settings option.
2. Under Settings, choose System >> About menu to proceed forward.
3. Scroll down and tap the Android TV OS built more than five times to activate the developer mode on Google TV.
4. Once developer mode gets activated, return back to the Settings >> choose Security & Restriction >> launch Unknown Sources >> select Install Unknown apps >> hit Downloader >>Turn on the slider.
Sideload Telia Play on Google TV
1. Now, launch the Downloader app on Google TV, which you previously installed.
2. In the URL field, type the Telia Play apk link and hit the Go button to proceed.
3. When the apk file of Telia Play gets downloaded, quickly tap the Install button to get the apk file on your Google TV.
4. Once downloaded, close the tab and navigate to the main screen of your TV.
5. Now, launch any VPN app on your Google TV and connect to the Swedish server.
6. Then, launch Telia Play and Sign in with your app account.
7. Finally, you can enjoy watching the content on your Google TV.
Telia Play is one of the entertaining apps to support many devices, and the most important part is it has many contents for the kids. However, it is important to use a VPN on Google TV to use the app from the United States as this app is geo-restricted. With the help of the VPN, you can stream the restricted content.
Telia Play is one of the well-known Swedish streaming services, and it is unavailable in the US. In that case, you need to use VPN to watch the contents on the app.
TeliaPlay is free only for Telia Play clients.