We have been indulging in online meetings for both personal and business needs. Webex from Cisco is an American company that focuses on making our online conferences better and straightforward. The company has developed products like Webex Meetings, Teams, Trainings, and much more. Furthermore, Webex is a reliable and secure platform for all users regardless of their needs. It is the most trusted video conferencing app that offers industry-leading audio and video meeting experience. It is a flexible tool that lets you collaborate with anyone and thereby adapts to any work style. If you would like to add Webex on Google TV, check out space below.
What’s on Webex?
Webex is one app for everyone and everything. You can make schedule meetings, place calls, and message others who have the Webex app.
- Apart from meetings, you can make and receive calls with the built-in cloud phone system.
- Webex is a flexible app that can run on any device and adapt to your needs.
- It protects your information from any threats wherever you work with the app.
- Also, you can use Webex as a platform to text your colleagues and share files with them safely.
- Schedule meetings and playback recordings from within the app.
- Webex can translate 100+ languages in real-time.
- You can get customizable video layouts, virtual backgrounds and share screens with others.
- The most attractive feature of Webex is that you can layer yourself along with your presentation.
How to Get Webex on Google TV?
Webex isn’t yet officially available for Google TV, and hence you need to sideload it. The same is discussed in detail.
1. Turn on your TV and connect the Chromecast with Google TV to it.
2. Select the Search menu from your home screen.
3. Type and search for the Downloader app on the search bar.
4. Choose the Downloader by AFTV news app from the results.
5. Select the Install button on the overview page.
6. Finally, wait for the installation process to end.
Enable Unknown Sources for Google TV
Since we need to sideload Webex on Google TV, we need to change a few settings. So, follow these instructions for the same.
1. You can see a profile icon on the home screen. Select the icon and then the Settings option.
2. Further, choose the Device Preferences option.
3. Choose the Security and Restrictions option.
4. Further, choose the Unknown sources options.
5. Finally, choose Downloader and enable the settings.
Install Webex on Google TV
We can add Webex on Google TV as we have made essential setting alterations.
1. Launch the new Downloader app on your TV and then click on Allow if prompted.
2. Further, enter the URL for Webex in the URL section.
3. Click on the Go option and download the Webex APK file.
4. Finally, Install it on your Google TV.
Related: How to Video Call Using Google Duo on Google TV
How to Chromecast Webex?
The Webex can be cast on Google TV from its website. So, you need to visit Webex on your PC and then cast it on Google TV.
1. Turn on your TV and connect it with the Chromecast with Google TV.
2. Connect your Google TV device to a strong Wi-Fi network.
3. Turn on your PC and then connect it to the same Wi-Fi network.
Note: Connecting to the same Wi-Fi networks helps in Chromecasting apps from one device on another.
4. From the Chrome web browser, visit the Cisco Webex Meetings website.
5. Sign In to your Webex accounts with the necessary credentials.
6. Now, click on the three-dotted Kebab icon on the browser.
7. Further, click on the Cast option followed by the Sources drop-down and the Cast Tab option.
8. Finally, start your meeting and stream it on your TV with Google TV.
Webex is the ultimate solution for your work-related needs when you work from home. Also, you can conduct meetings with anyone on Webex around the world. The Webex meetings are totally interactive. You can make polls or a quiz for others in your presentations to make it engaging. Webex has different subscription plans for you that have attractive features. With Webex on Google TV, have the best-in-field experience of online conferences.