Xfinity Stream by Comcast is yet to announce its app for Chromecast with Google TV. As the Google TV is a new streaming device, a lot of popular streaming apps are not available for the device. But, as the Google TV has the Chromecast incorporated with it, you can cast or mirror all the cast-supported apps to the device.
Streaming apps like Hulu and Amazon Prime are available for Google TV. You can directly install those apps from the Play Store directly. For Xfinity Stream, you can cast the app from the smartphone, or you can sideload the app on Google TV.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream on Google TV?
(2) Connect the Google TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(3) Open the Xfinity Stream app on your smartphone. Login if asked.
(4) Choose any of the video titles to stream.
(5) On the playback screen, tap the Cast icon on the top right of the screen.
(6) On the list of devices, choose your Chromecast with Google TV.
(7) Now, the video will appear on your Google TV.
(8) To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and click the Google TV device.
How to Sideload Xfinity Stream on Google TV?
(1) Install the Downloader app on your Google TV using our guide.
(2) Now, go to the Settings menu.
(3) On the Settings menu, choose the System option.
(4) Then, select the About from the list of options.
(5) Scroll down and tap the Android TV OS build option seven times.
(6) You will enter the developer mode.
(7) After that, go to the Apps section under the Settings menu.
(8) Select the Security & Restrictions feature and choose the Unknown sources option.
(9) Scroll down and turn on the Downloader toggle.
Sideload Xfinity Stream on Google TV
(1) Open the Downloader app on your Google TV.
(2) On the search bar, enter the Xfinity Stream download link (https://bit.ly/37gXdMh) and click the Go button.
(3) The Xfinity Stream apk file will be downloaded. Install the Xfinity Stream apk file by tapping the Install button.
(4) Open the Xfinity Stream app and sign in with your Comcast account.
(5) Stream all the 200 live TV channels on your Google TV.
These are two ways to watch Comcast video content on Google TV. Cast the app from your smartphone or sideload the Xfinity Stream using the Downloader. We can expect the Xfinity Stream for Google TV in the near future. Share your thoughts about the Xfinity Stream app in the comments below.