Xfinity Stream by Comcast is one of the popular names in US households. Comcast offers services like telecommunications, cable TV, internet, security devices, and more. Among those, cable TV is a major one. As every cable network are moving towards streaming app, Xfinity is not an exception. You can install the Xfinity Stream app on your Google TV or any other smart device and watch all the cable TV channels.
In the Xfinity Stream app, you will get 250+ live TV channels and on-demand content. With the subscription, you can also get the cloud DVR storage to download video content to watch offline. As of now, the Xfinity Stream app is not available for Google TVs. You have to cast the app from the smartphone, or you can sideload the app on Google TV.
How to Cast Xfinity Stream on Google TV
(1) Install the Xfinity Stream app on your smartphone from the App Store or Play Store.
(2) Connect the Google TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(3) Open the Xfinity Stream app on your smartphone.
(4) Login with your subscribed Xfinity account.
(5) Choose any of the video titles to stream.
(6) On the playback screen, tap the Cast icon on the top right of the screen. For iPhones, tap the AirPlay icon.
Note: To use the AirPlay feature on Google TV, you have to turn on the AirPlay settings on your Google TV.
(6) On the list of devices, choose your Chromecast with Google TV.
(7) Now, the video will appear on your Google TV.
(8) To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and click the Google TV device.
How to Sideload Xfinity Stream on Google TV?
(1) Install the Downloader app on your Google TV from the Play Store.
(2) Now, go to the Settings menu.
(3) On the Settings menu, choose the System option.
(4) Then, select About from the list of options.
(5) Scroll down and tap the Android TV OS build option seven times.
(6) You will get the “You are now a developer!” pop-up. With that, you have entered the developer mode on Google TV.
(7) After that, go to the Apps section under the Settings menu.
(8) Select the Security & Restrictions feature and choose the Unknown sources option.
(9) Scroll down and turn on the Install Unknown Apps toggle for the Downloader app.
Sideload Xfinity Stream APK on Google TV
(1) Open the Downloader app on your Google TV.
(2) On the search bar, enter the Xfinity Stream APK download link and click the Go button.
(3) The Xfinity Stream apk file will be downloaded. Install the Xfinity Stream apk file by tapping the Install button.
(4) Open the Xfinity Stream app and sign in with your Comcast account.
(5) Stream all the 200 live TV channels on your Google TV.
How to Watch Xfinity Stream on Google TV Using Web Browser
Apart from the app, Xfinity Stream also offers a dedicated website to stream its TV channels and on-demand content. You can use any of the web browsers on your Google TV to access the Xfinity website.
(1) Install any web browser of your choice on Google TV.
(2) Open the web browser and enter the Xfinity Stream TV website (https://xfin.tv/xfngets).
(3) Click the Sign In button.
(4) On the next screen, enter your Xfinity Stream credentials and click the Let’s go button.
(5) Once you complete the sign in process, you will get the Xfinity Stream home screen.
(6) Choose the video content that you want to watch and stream them on your Google TV.
As of now, the Xfinity Stream app is not available on the Play Store for Google TVs. Wait for the app to be released for Google TV. Until then, you have to use any of the three methods mentioned above to stream Xfinity on Google TV.
Yes, you can install the Xfinity Stream on Android TVs from the Play Store, but you can’t do the same on Google TVs. You have to sideload or cast the app on Google TV.
Popular streaming apps like Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube TV, and Netflix will work on Google TV without any issues.