Chromecast with Google TV comes with a lot of apps and games. But, when it comes to browsers for Google TV, the options are very limited. In the Play Store for Google TV, you can’t even find ten browsers. Popular web browsers like Chrome and Firefox must be sideloaded on Google TV. Similarly, you have to sideload the Brave browser on Chromecast with Google TV. With the Brave browser on Google TV, you can surf the internet.
How to Get Brave on Chromecast with Google TV
1. Go to the Google TV home screen and tap the Profile icon.
2. Choose Settings from the menu and select the System option.
3. Click the About option.
4. Scroll down to select the Android TV OS Build option and tap on it seven times. With that, you will receive the “You are now a developer” prompt on the screen.
5. Now, hold the home key on the Google TV remote to access the Google TV Home screen.
6. Go to the Search option and search for the Downloader app on Google TV.
7. Select the Downloader app and tap the Install button.
8. Navigate to the home screen again, choose the Profile icon and click Settings.
9. Select Apps and Security & Restrictions.
10. Tap Unknown Sources and turn on the Downloader toggle.
11. Now, open the Downloader app and tap Allow in the prompt.
12. Download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
13. Then, enter the Brave browser APK URL (https://bit.ly/3TJptOt) in the given field and click Go.
14. After downloading the APK file, tap the Install button.
15. Once installed, tap Open to launch the browser.
16. Now, browse anything using the Brave browser on Chromecast with Google TV.
How to Cast Brave to Google TV
1. Connect your Google TV and Android smartphone to the same network connection.
2. Install the Brave browser from Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet.
3. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Notification Panel of your mobile and choose the Cast Screen option.
4. Then, choose your Google TV device name from the list of devices available.
5. Now, launch the Brave browser on your smartphone. You can see the browser screen on your Google TV.
6. This method will be quite useful when you want to watch YouTube videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Brave is free to download and use. You can download the browser for desktop, Android, and iOS. And it is an open-source browser.
Yes. Brave comes with a VPN to protect all your online activities.
BAT stands for Basic Attention Token. It is a crypto asset and a key part of the Brave ecosystem.