Brave is a secure and private web browser that ensures the fastest browsing experience. It efficiently blocks the ads and trackers by default, and it is the first web browser to include a built-in cryptocurrency wallet. Brave quickly imports bookmarks, extensions, and even saved passwords. It also gives you private tabs for incognito private browsing. Moreover, it doesn’t save any of your browsing histories. It loads the web pages three times faster than Google Chrome, and it also uses up to 66% less storage space and 35% less battery. Brave is available in more than 160 languages. With VPN, Brave protects everything you do online, including your entire device. Brave is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS platforms. If you like to use Brave on Chromecast with Google TV, get into this article to know the alternative ways.
How to Install Brave on Chromecast with Google TV
As Brave is not available for Google TV, we have to sideload the app on Google TV using the Downloader app.
1. Go to the Google TV home screen and tap the Profile icon.
2. Choose Settings from the menu and select the System option.
3. Click About and scroll down to select the Android TV OS Build option. You need to tap the option seven times. With that, you will receive the “You are now a developer” prompt on the screen.
4. Now, hold the home key on the Google TV remote to access the Google TV Home. From there, search and install Downloader on Google TV.
5. Navigate to the home screen again, choose the Profile icon and click Settings.
6. Select Apps and Security & Restrictions.
7. Tap Unknown Sources and flip the switch near Downloader to enable it for installing unknown apps.
8. Launch the Downloader app and tap Allow in the prompt.
9. Provide the Brave apk URL in the given field and click Go.
10. After downloading the file, tap Install to initiate the installation process.
11. Once installed, tap Open to launch the app.
12. Now, browse anything using Brave browser on Chromecast with Google TV.
Related: How to Install Opera on Google TV.
How to Cast Brave to Google TV
1. Connect your Google TV and Android smartphone to the same network connection.
2. Install Brave browser from Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet.
3. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Control Panel of your mobile and choose the Cast Screen option.
4. Then, choose your Google TV device name from the list of devices available.
5. Now, launch the Brave browser and start surfing on the internet on your Google TV.
Note: Optionally, you can cast the Brave browser just like casting Google Chrome from a laptop or PC. Tap the Hamburger icon, choose the Cast option, and choose what you want to cast whether the tab, file, or the desktop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Brave is free to download and use. You can download the browser for desktop, Android, and iOS. And it is an open-source browser.
Yes. Brave comes with a VPN to protect all your activities online.
BAT stands for Basic Attention Token. It is a crypto asset and a key part of the Brave ecosystem.