HBO GO is a premium video-on-demand service to stream any HBO titles. You can stream content like movies, sports, current and past series, on-demand videos, and more. It offers around 6000 hours of content to stream. With HBO GO, you will love to stream popular series like Game of Thrones, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Sharp Objects, True Detective, etc. Further, the app allows you to watch all the premier shows at the same time they air on the TV. Almost every week, you get new content to stream from the app. You can also create your watchlist to stream anything from any device. Furthermore, the app is available in 7 languages, so you can choose the language that you need. HBO GO is compatible with many platforms, and thus, you can watch HBO GO on Google TV as well.
How to Install HBO GO on Google TV
1. Connect the Google TV device to your TV HDMI port and turn on the device.
2. Connect the device to a strong internet connection.
3. From the home screen, select the Apps option.
4. Choose Search for Apps. Enter HBO GO in the search box and click the Search icon on the on-screen keyboard.
5. Select the HBO GO app and click the Install button on the next screen.
6. Once the installation process of the HBO Go gets over, click the Open button to launch the app.
7. Click on the Sign In link on the welcome screen.
8. Now, note down the 6-digit verification code that is shown on the TV.
9. Further, visit http://hbogo.com.activate website from your PC or computer.
10. Key in the HBO GO Activation code on the field provided and click on the Next button.
11. Select the TV provider and enter your username and password on the screen.
12. Now, you can watch the videos from HBO GO on Google TV.
Related: How to Add and Watch Loupe on Google TV
Alternatively, you can use the screen mirror method to watch videos from HBO GO on Google TV. The below section will help you with the procedure.
1. Connect your smartphone and Google TV device to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the HBO GO app from Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
3. Navigate to the Notification Panel on the smartphone and select the Cast option. (The name may vary based on your Android device).
4. Choose your Chromecast with Google TV device from the available devices.
5. Proceed to launch the HBO GO app on your smartphone.
6. Enter the HBO GO Login credentials and start playing the video that you want to watch from the app.
7. The video you have selected will play on your Google TV-connected TV.
Related: How to Install and Watch Pure Flix on Google TV
If you have kids at home, the app is educational and safe for your kids. With one subscription, you can stream on 2 screens at the same time. And you can use the subscriptions on 5 different devices. HBO GO is only supported in US and US territories. If you want to access from outside, you must use the best VPN on Google TV. Share your thoughts about this article in the comments section below.