If you want to make a list of streaming apps, Netflix will definitely top the list. Though there are many streaming apps available, the craze for Netflix never fades. Netflix offers an ocean of video content to stream. You will get a new movie or new series almost every week on Netflix. You can install and stream Netflix video content on Google TV.
Based on your region and your preference, the app will be pre-installed on your Chromecast with Google TV. If not, you can install the app from the Play Store, or you can cast the Netflix app from your smartphone. Either way, you are streaming Netflix on your Google TV.
How to Install Netflix on Google TV?
(1) Turn on your Google TV and get to the home screen.
(2) Navigate to the Search option, the on-screen keyboard will appear. If you update your Google TV to the latest version, go to the Apps option and click on the Search for apps button to get the search bar.
(3) With the help of a remote, enter Netflix and search.
(4) Select the Netflix app from the list.
(5) Now, tap the Install button to get the Netflix app.
(6) Wait for the installation to complete.
(7) Then, tap the Open button to launch the Netflix app.
(8) Sign in with your Netflix account and stream your favorite series.
How to Cast Netflix on Google TV?
(2) Then, connect both your Google TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(3) Now, open the Netflix app on your smartphone.
(4) Tap the Cast icon next to the Search icon.
(5) Your Chromecast with Google TV will appear. Select the device.
(6) Now, play any video. It will appear on your Google TV.
(7) To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and click the Disconnect button.
How to Log Out of Netflix on Google TV
(1) On the Netflix app, you will go to the Setting menu or the Get Help menu.
(2) On the list of options, click the Sign Out option.
(3) Click the Yes button to confirm your selection.
If you can’t see the Settings or Get Help menu, click the following buttons in the Google TV remote.
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
A pop-up will appear. Select the Sign-out, Start Over, Reset, or Deactivate button. Your account will be removed from Netflix.
Like Netflix, you can also install and cast the Amazon Prime Video on Google TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get Netflix on Google TV?
You can either install the app or cast the app from your smartphone.
2. Does Google TV have Netflix?
Based on your preference, Netflix will be pre-installed.