Popcornflix is an OTT streaming service with free content. It is an ad-supported streaming service with exciting movies and series. Additionally, it has a collection of original content as well. Popcornflix was launched in 2011 by Screen Media Ventures. As of now, you can access Popcornflix in the United States and Canada. Popcornflix is supported in various devices, including Roku and Fire TV stick. Let’s explore the possibilities to access Popcornflix on Google TV.
What is on Popcornflix
Popcornflix is the home of unlimited entertainment in the form of movies, series, and shows. It has a huge library of mind-blowing content waiting for you.
- Popcornflix streams movies, films, web series, animated movies, and original content.
- The original content on Popcornflix includes web series and film school originals.
- The Popcornflix library is categorized under genres for ease of access.
- Popcornflix doesn’t need you to subscribe as it is a free ad-based service.
- Bookmark shows you like and keep track of them and stream them conveniently.
How to Add Popcornflix on Google TV
Popcornflix needs to be side-loaded on Google TV. This generally needs you to add the Downloader app. Let’s get started.
Install Downloader from the Play Store
1. Select the Search menu from your home screen.
2. Type and search for the Downloader app on the search bar.
3. Next, pick Downloader by AFTV news from the results.
4. From the next page, select the Install button.
5. Further, wait for the installation process to complete.
Enable Unknown Sources for Google TV
1. On the Google TV home screen, you can see a profile icon. Select this icon and then the Settings option.
2. Further, choose the Device Preferences option.
3. Choose the Security and Restrictions option.
4. Further, choose the Unknown sources options.
5. Finally, choose Downloader and enable the settings.
Install Popcornflix on Google TV
1. Launch the Downloader app on your TV. Further, click on Allow if prompted.
2. Enter the URL for Popcornflix (https://bit.ly/3A0YvIe) in the URL section.
3. Click on the Go option and download the Popcornflix APK file.
4. Finally, install it on your Google TV.
Related: How to Install Crackle on Google TV.
Cast Popcornflix on Google TV
1. Turn on your TV and then connect the Chromecast with Google TV device.
2. Further, connect your device to a strong Wi-Fi connection.
3. Turn on your smartphone and then connect to the same Wi-Fi network. This will help you cast Popcornflix from your phone on TV.
5. Further, open the Popcornflix app on your phone.
6. Next, tap on the Chromecast icon on your screen.
7. You can see a list of available devices on your screen. Choose your Google TV.
8. Stream your favorite movies from Popcornflix.
We have a lot of streaming services, including Netflix, Hulu, SlingTV, and Amazon Prime Video. All of these stream movies, series, and other content with paid subscription plans. However, Popcornflix is a free movie streaming service on Google TV. Either way, you choose to add Popcornflix, unlock the door to unlimited entertainment.