TOD is one of the popular OTT streaming platforms that offers plenty of content for its users, like sports, entertainment, kids programs, and more. TOD users can have easy access to the live content. Further, it features a picture-in-picture mode and parental controls that protect your kids from watching unwanted content. Moreover, it can be available in two languages, English and Arabic. Therefore, you can easily switch the language and watch the content. TOD is compatible with many platforms, but it doesn’t support Chromecast on Google TV. In this case, you can sideload the app or use the casting method through a smartphone to get the app. With this, you can simultaneously watch live content and enjoy it with your family.
How to Get TOD on Google TV
You can access the TOD app on Chromecast with Google TV in two ways. They are
- Sideloading the TOD on Google TV
- Casting through smartphone
How to Install TOD on Google TV
TOD is not compatible with Chromecast on Google TV. So, to get TOD, you need to sideload the app on Google TV. To sideload the TOD app, follow the below steps:
- Enable Developer Mode
- Install the Downloader app on Google TV
- Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
- Sideload TOD via Downloader
Enable Developer Mode
1. On your Google TV main screen, choose the Profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Under Profile, choose Settings from the available options.
3. Now, select System >> About menu from the main screen to proceed.
4. To activate the developer mode on google TV, tap the Android TV OS built option more than two times.
5. Once the developer mode gets activated, you will receive You are now a developer! prompt on your screen.
Install Downloader on Google TV
1. To get Downloader, navigate to the Apps option on your Google TV home screen.
2. Under Apps, choose the Search for Apps title to get the app on Google TV.
3. Enter Downloader on your virtual keyboard and search for it.
4. Now, choose Downloader by AFTV news from the search list and tap the Install button on the left side of the screen.
5. Once installed, you are ready to use Downloader on Google TV.
Note: It is possible to stream Freeview on Google TV and you can watch movies, series, and TV shows.
Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
1. Now, navigate to the Settings option under the Profile menu.
2. Choose the Apps option and select Security & Restriction from the available option.
3. Scroll down and launch the Unknown Sources option.
4. Then, hit the Downloader option and turn on the Slider on your Google TV.
Sideload TOD on Google TV Via Downloader
1. First, download and install the Downloader app on Google TV.
2. Once installed, tap the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
3. In the URL field, input the TOD apk download link and tap the Go button to proceed.
4. Then, you will see the apk file of TOD gets downloaded. Now tap the Install button to download the apk file on Google TV.
5. Finally, you are ready to use the TOD app on your Google TV.
Alternative Method: How to Cast TOD on Google TV
Before starting the process, connect your Android or iOS smartphone and Google TV to the same wireless internet connection and follow these steps below.
1. Download and install the TOD app on your Smartphone.
2. Once installed, tap the Open button and launch the TOD app on Google TV.
3. Now, Sign in to the app with the TOD valid account.
4. Scroll down to the media player screen and tap the Cast icon in the top right corner of the screen.
5. From the available devices, choose your Google TV name and tap the OK button.
6. Within a few minutes, the video you choose on your smartphone will appear on your Google TV screen.
7. If you wish to stop casting, tap the Cast icon and select the Stop Casting option.
TOD works with many platforms like Android, iOS devices, and more. If you are a subscriber of TOD, then you can easily access TOD originals. It offers different kinds of genres like action, romance, drama, comedy, horror, crime, and more. Some content of TOD are not available in certain regions, in that case, you can use the best VPN on Google TV to access the geo-restricted contents.
TOD offers seven days free trial with its entertainment package for its users. Once it is over, then you need to get a subscription.
The subscription cost of TOD may vary according to the location. If you are in North America, the subscription price starts at $10/per month, and in the Middle East $10/per month.