Vudu is a popular streaming service that includes a vast collection of movies and TV shows in high quality. It is a freemium service that comprises movies in different categories such as Comedy, Horror, Action, Adventure, and more. In Vudu, you can either rent or purchase your desired movie or TV show. Apart from that, it also offers some free movies with intermediate ads. You can also add movies and TV shows to the Watchlist and can view them later. Vudu consists of a simple and intuitive interface. By using the Search option, you can search for your favorite content easily. Vudu is available on different streaming platforms including Google TV. As Google TV runs on Android OS, you can install the Vudu app directly from the store. In addition, you can also cast Vudu media to your Google TV from your Android smartphone or iPhone.
How to Install Vudu on Google TV
Short Guide: Click Search >> Type Vudu >> Select the app >> Tap Install
(1) Connect and set up the Google TV with your TV.
(2) On the home screen, click the Search menu displayed at the top.
(3) Type Vudu on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
(4) Select the Vudu app from the search results and click the Install button on the app description screen.
(5) Launch the app after installing it and enter the Vudu login credentials.
Note: If you haven’t signed up for Vudu yet, visit the website vudu.com and sign up for a user account.
(6) Now, you can rent or purchase the title that you want to watch.
How to Cast Vudu on Chromecast with Google TV
You can also watch Vudu on Google TV by casting it from your smartphone.
(1) Connect both your Android/iPhone device and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Launch the Vudu app on your Android or iPhone. If you haven’t installed it yet, then get it from the respective app store.
- Android – Google Play Store
- iPhone – App Store
(3) Launch the app and configure your login details.
(4) Click the Cast icon located in the top right corner.
(5) From the list of devices, choose your Google TV device.
(6) Now, you can see the app screen on Google TV.
(6) Play your desired content on Vudu mobile app and watch it on your GoogleTV.
Apart from these two methods, you can also sideload the app using Downloader. But, you don’t need that method as you can install the app easily from the store. Vudu is a perfect option that provides its vast library of movies and TV shows at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Vudu is officially available on the Play Store of Google TV. So, you can install the app directly from the Play Store.
Yes. You can stream Vudu for free. But, it displays many ads while streaming content.
The best alternatives for the Vudu app are Prime Video, Hulu, and HBO Max.