Popcorn Time is a free streaming application that can be installed on all Android-based devices. Using the apk file, you can install Popcorn Time on Google TV too. With that, you can stream all the latest movies, series, and TV shows on your Chromecast with Google TV for free. Though the Popcorn Time app is not officially available on the Play Store, you can sideload the app using the Downloader. In addition, you can also cast the Popcorn Time content to Google TV. Popcorn Time allows you to download movies and TV shows in different quality formats. You can also integrate external players like VLC, MX Player, etc., on the Popcorn Time app. As it is a third-party app, you need to install and use a VPN on Google TV while streaming Popcorn Time content.
How to Install Popcorn Time on Google TV
Follow the below steps to install Popcorn Time on Google TV.
Install Downloader App
(1) On your Google TV, navigate to the Search menu.
(2) On the search bar, enter Downloader and search for the app.
(3) Select the Downloader app from the search results and tap the Install button.
(4) That’s it. you have installed the Downloader app on your Google TV.
Turn On Developer Mode
(1) Go to your profile and tap the Settings option.
(2) On the Settings menu, choose the System option.
(3) Select the About option from the list.
(4) Navigate to the Android TV OS build. Select the option rapidly until you get the You are now a developer! pop-up at the bottom.
Enable Unknown Sources
(1) Now, go to Settings and choose the Apps option.
(2) Open the Security & Restrictions feature and select the Unknown Sources option.
(3) Search for the Downloader app and tap the toggle switch near it to turn it On.
Install Popcorn Time on Google TV
Now, your Google TV is all set to sideload apps using the Downloader app. With that, you can easily install Popcorn Time on Chromecast with Google TV.
(1) Open the Downloader app on your Google TV.
(2) Go to the URL bar and fill in the Popcorn Time apk link.
(3) Then, tap the Go button.
(4) The Popcorn Time apk file will be downloaded.
(5) After the download, click the Install button.
(6) Now, the Popcorn Time app will begin to install on your TV.
(7) Once Popcorn Time is installed, tap the Open button and stream your favorite movies on a big screen.
Use VPN while Streaming Popcorn Time on Google TV
(1) When you open Popcorn Time on your TV, you will get the warning pop-up telling you to use VPN to stay anonymous.
(2) Close the Popcorn Time app and install ExpressVPN on Google TV using our guidelines.
(3) Buy any of the subscriptions from the ExpressVPN website.
(4) Open the ExpressVPN and sign in with your login account credentials.
(5) Connect to the fastest server or any server of your choice.
(6) Then, open the Popcorn Time app on your TV and stream the video content anonymously.
Alternate Way to Stream Popcorn Time on Google TV
You can also cast Popcorn Time to Google TV from your Android smartphone. Before following the steps given below, make sure to connect the Android smartphone and the Google TV device to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. On your Android phone, navigate to Settings and enable the option Unknown Sources.
2. Install a VPN app on your Android phone and connect to a server location.
3. Launch a browser on your Android smartphone.
4. Search for the Popcorn Time apk file and download it.
5. Once downloaded, tap it and click Install on the installation page.
6. After installation, open the app and tap the Cast icon displayed at the top.
7. From the list of available devices, select your Google TV.
8. Now, the app screen will be mirrored to Google TV. Play any content and watch it on your Google TV.
Sideload the PopcornTime app on your Google TV using the Downloader app and stream all the video titles for free. Use the best VPN services like ExpressVPN or NordVPN to protect your data while streaming Popcorn Time. If you are not interested in sideloading the Popcorn Time app, you can cast the app to GoogleTV from your Android phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Popcorn Time is an illegal service that includes plenty of copyrighted content. However, if you wish to stream this service ensure to set up and use a VPN on your device.
You can install Popcorn Time on Android TV using the Downloader app.