Popcorn Time is a free streaming application that can be installed on all Android-based devices. Using the apk file, you can install the Popcorn Time on Google TV too. With that, you can stream all the latest movies, series, and TV shows on your Chromecast with Google TV for free.
Though the Popcorn Time app is not officially available on the Play Store, you can sideload the app using the Downloader. Chromecast with Google TV is not like Apple TV, where you have a lot of restrictions to install apps and games. On Google TV, you can install any Android apps and games without any restrictions.
How to Install Popcorn Time on Google TV?
To get the Popcorn Time app, you have to make some changes in the Google TV Settings. You have to install the Downloader app, need to enable Unknown Sources, and the Popcorn Time download link.
Install Downloader App
(1) On your Google TV, navigate to the Search menu.
(2) The Search Bar will appear. Enter Downloader and search.
(3) Select the Downloader app and tap the Install button.
(4) Now, you have installed the Downloader app on your Google TV.
Turn On Developer Mode
(1) Go to your profile menu and tap the Settings option.
(2) On the Settings menu, choose the System option.
(3) Select the About from the list.
(4) Navigate to the Android TV OS build. Select the option rapidly until you get the You are now a developer! pop-up at the bottom.
Enable Unknown Sources
(1) Now, go to Settings and choose the Apps option.
(2) Open the Security & Restrictions feature and select the Unknown Sources option.
(3) Search for the Downloader app and turn on the Unknown Sources toggle.
Install Popcorn Time on Google TV Using Downloader
Now, your Google TV is all set to sideload apps using the Downloader app. With that, you can easily install the Popcorn Time on Chromecast with Google TV.
(1) Open the Downloader app on your Google TV.
(2) Go to the URL bar and type the Popcorn Time download link.
(3) Then, tap the Go button.
(4) The Popcorn Time apk file will be downloaded.
(5) After the download, click the Install button.
(6) Now, the Popcorn Time app will begin to install on your TV.
(7) Once the Popcorn Time is installed, tap the Open button.
Use VPN while Streaming Popcorn Time on Google TV
(1) When you open the Popcorn Time on your TV, you will get the warning pop-up telling you to use VPN to stay anonymous while streaming.
(2) Close the Popcorn Time app and install ExpressVPN on Google TV using our guidelines.
(3) Buy any of the subscriptions from the ExpressVPN website.
(4) Open the ExpressVPN and sign in with your subscribed account.
(5) Connect to the fastest server or any server of your choice.
(6) Then, open the Popcorn Time app on your TV and stream the video content anonymously.
Sideload the Popcorn Time app on your Google TV using the Downloader app and stream all the video titles for free. Use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to protect your personal information while streaming Popcorn Time. Sideloading apps on Google TV may harm your device’s software. Don’t sideload apps on Google TV frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is Popcorn Time illegal?
Some of the video contents available on Popcorn Time are copyrighted. So, it is illegal to stream copyrighted content.
2. How to Install Popcorn Time on Android TV?
You can install Popcorn Time on Android TV by using the Downloader app.