Google TV is making all the fuss in the tech market. The streaming itself comes with come popular streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. If you want, you can install additional apps from the Play Store. At the time of launch, not so many apps are available for Google TV. But now, many streaming apps are launched for Google TV. In the list of Google TV apps, Apple TV (Apple TV+) joins the list.
Most of the Apple-made services are available only on Apple devices. But, Apple TV+ is an exception. Apple’s streaming app is available for Firestick, Android TV, Google TV, and more. Let’s see how to install and use Apple TV on Google TV.
How to Get Apple TV on Google TV?
(1) From the Google TV home screen, go to the Apps section.
(2) Scroll down to the Featured category. As the Apple TV is a new app, it will be listed in the Featured category.
(3) If not, navigate to the Search for apps button.
(4) Type Apple TV and search for it.
(5) Select the Apple TV app from the results.
(6) On the next screen, tap the Install button.
(7) Wait for the installation to complete.
(8) Then, tap the Open button.
How to Use Apple TV on Google TV?
(1) When you open the Apple TV, you will get the following screen.
(2) Tap the Start Watching button.
(3) You will get the Apple TV home screen.
(4) Navigate to the Settings option on the top and select Accounts.
(5) On the next screen, tap the Sign In button.
(6) Apple TV offers two types of sign-in. You can use your mobile device, or you can enter the credentials manually.
(7) When you choose Sign In on Mobile Device, you have to scan the QR code from your smartphone. If you choose Sign In on This TV, you have to enter your Apple TV account credentials using the on-screen keyboard.
(8) After the sign-in, you can get to stream all the Apple originals on your TV.
Apple TV on Google TV: Features
- The app is integrated with Google Voice Assistant. With that, you can navigate and stream video titles on the Apple TV app using your voice command.
- In addition to Apple Originals, you can also get access to rental movies and TV shows.
- On the home screen, you will get recommendations from the Apple TV app under the Watchlist category.
Alternate Way to Get Apple TV on Google TV
Other than installing the Apple TV app from the Play Store, you can sideload the app using the Downloader app.
(1). Plug-in Chromecast with Google TV to the TV HDMI port and launch Google TV.
(2). Click the Profile icon and select Settings in the menu.
(3). Select System in the settings and tap About.
(4). Scroll down and select Android TV OS build until the “You are now a developer!” prompt appears.
Install Apple TV on Google TV through Downloader
(1). On the Home screen, tap Apps at the top.
(2). Move to the App Categories and click Search for Apps.
(3). Type Downloader using the on-screen keyboard and click Search.
(4). Select Install to get Downloader on Google TV.
(5). Press the home button in the remote to go to the home screen. Select the Profile icon and click Settings.
(6). Click Apps in the settings and tap Security & Restrictions.
(7). Select Unknown sources and click Downloader app. Flip the button to install unknown apps.
(8). Open Downloader and select Allow in the prompt.
(9). Enter the Apple TV URL and click Go. Select Download to download the file.
(10). After downloading the file, select Install to begin the installation and click Open to launch the app on Google TV.
(11). Select Sign In and enter the account credentials. Choose the content to watch on Google TV.
With this guide, you can install the Apple TV app on your Google TV. Get the Apple TV and stream popular video titles like Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, Central Park, and more. Mention your thoughts about the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Apple TV available on Google TV?
Yes, you can install the Apple TV on your Chromecast device with ease.
2. How do I play Apple TV on my TV?
Sign in with your Apple ID and stream all the video titles on your TV.