Yahoo Sports is a sports streaming platform. It is the best destination for all sports-related entertainment. Yahoo Sports streams live matches, match reviews, match highlights, and expert reviews. Some of the sports coverage include WWE, NFL, MLB, NHL, UEFA Champions League, golf, tennis, cycling, rugby, and baseball. You can install Yahoo Sports on various streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick and Apple TV. If you are a Chromecast with a Google TV user, then you can either sideload the app or cast the Yahoo Sports content to your TV.
Yahoo Sports on Chromecast with Google TV
As mentioned earlier, the Yahoo Sports app is not available directly on Google TV. But you can still use it with two different ways:
- Screen Mirror Yahoo Sports
- Sideload the App
Screen Mirror Yahoo Sports to your Google TV
Yahoo Sports is not a compatible Chromecast application. You can either screen mirror it using Android or Windows PC.
From Android phones:
To mirror Yahoo sports to Chromecast with Google TV, follow the below steps.
1. Connect the Chromecast with Google TV to the HDMI port of your TV and turn it on.
2. Check whether your Google TV and your Android smartphone are connected the same WiFi network. You can screen mirror or cast only when both the devices are connected to the same network.
3. On your Android phone, swipe down the notification bar and choose the ‘Screen Cast’ option.
4. Your Android phone will search for the available devices and lists them. Choose your Chromecast device.
5. Now, when your phone prompts you to confirm casting, select the ‘Start Now’ option.
6. Your phone screen will appear on the TV. Open the Yahoo Sports app and start streaming the video and watch it on the TV screen.
To cast Yahoo Sports from a web browser on PC, follow these steps:
1. Turn on your Google TV.
2. Connect both your device as well as your PC to the same Wi-Fi connection.
3. Next, on the Chrome browser of the PC, visit the website of Yahoo TV.
4. Now, click on the customize icon in the top-right corner of screen (icon with three dots one below the other) and choose the ‘Cast’ option.
5. Now, you can see the name of your Chromecast on the screen. Next, click on the ‘Sources’ option and then choose the ‘Cast Tab’ option when shown on the screen.
6. Finally choose the name of your Chromecast device on the PC screen. The entire tab will now appear on the TV.
7. You can play the videos that you want to stream on the TV and start watching it with your friends and family.
Sideloading the App
In this method, we need to install the Downloader on your Google TV to sideload Yahoo Sports into it. This is called sideloading of apps and sideloading lets you access apps unavailable on Google TV.
Note: To sideload apps on Google TV, you have to work on the developer mode. To turn on developer mode and to sideload apps, take a look at this article.
Install Downloader on Google TV
The Downloader app can be installed by following these simple steps.
1. Firstly, from the home screen on your TV select ‘Google Play Store’.
2. Click on the search bar on the screen and search for ‘Downloader’.
3. From the search results, select ‘Downloader by AFTV news’.
4. Click on ‘Install’ and wait for the installation process to complete.
5. Now, come back to your home screen of Google TV and select the ‘Settings’ option.
6. Next, click on the ‘Device Preferences’ option.
7. Select the ‘Security and Restrictions’ and then on the ‘Unknown sources’ options.
8. Next, on this screen find and turn on the toggle button corresponding to ‘Downloader’.
Now your Downloader app is ready to sideload third-party apps.
Sideload Yahoo Sports on Google TV
After installing the Downloader app, follow the steps below to sideload Yahoo Sports.
1. Open the Downloader app on your TV and click ‘Allow’ when asked for.
2. Enter the URL for Yahoo Sports (https://bit.ly/3b5DS2R) in the URL section. Now, click on the ‘Go’ option to download the app.
3. Next, click on the ‘Download APK’ option on the page. This is for downloading the Yahoo Sports APK on your system.
4. After downloading the app, ‘Install’ it on your TV.
5. Finally, select the ‘Open’ option to launch Yahoo Sports. Sign in with your credentials and enjoy streaming on Google TV.
Yahoo Sports streams almost all of the important Sports for you to enjoy. However, it is not available among the apps in Play Store for Google TV. Still, you can enjoy the sports on Google TV using the above two methods.